Lush North America supports 270 retail stores in Canada and the USA, a digital e-commerce business based in Vancouver, and manufacturing centers in Vancouver and Toronto. Lush is passionate about our handmade product, our ethical sourcing of materials, our Charity Pot program and our Employee Volunteer Opportunities. We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our People & Culture stream as part of the Total Rewards team.
Analysts play an essential role in developing, communicating and executing the company vision and enabling our departments to realise that vision through data-driven decision-making. As a planning and analytics analyst supporting the People & Culture (P&C) team, you hold sacred our Lush culture and values through fearless leadership and owning the experience of every employee in your client group and every spreadsheet you put in their hands. You grow talent by motivating, encouraging and coaching your peers and colleagues to their highest potential; you know how to be curious about business opportunities and find ways to make ambitions a reality and to be real with feedback and support.
The P&C Analyst uses professional competencies and business knowledge to enhance the level of financial insight and operational outlook used by decision-makers.
As a growing business, Lush need people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyse and interpret metrics and translate strategy into behaviors which drive sales and improve profit. Our Lush employees live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey.
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, the People & Culture Analyst’s core RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Provides financial and operational reporting and analysis on the comprehensive breadth of P&C programs – including retention, recruitment, employee engagement and total rewards
- Analysis for employee retention by reviewing employee engagement surveys, turnover reports and other data points necessary to understand past performance and project future outcomes
- Develops monthly/quarterly reports and dashboards to help the business make data driven decisions regarding people initiatives
- Supports in the collection and reconciliation of headcount plans and forecasts
- Leads the annual budget process and financial re-forecasting for the P&C team
- Presents data in a visual and engaging way to support leadership decision making
- Support P&C team with reporting, modelling and predictive analytics to improve business outcomes through P&C performance
Total Rewards Support:
- Assists with designing tailored bonus programs for the business and administer bonus calculations
- Track min wage and living wage data and administer pay increases
- Participate in the improvement of the existing total rewards programs
- Assists with benefits audit reports:
- 401K and RRSP annual reconciliations
- HRIS vs vendors checks/audits
- ACA audit data compilation
- Benefits invoices management and reconciliation with accounting
- Provide project-specific assistance to the compensation and benefits team
- Design and develop new and ad hoc reports as required, train and elevate P&C partners in their use of data and metrics to accomplish their business priorities and goals
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with human resource reporting and analytics, compensation analysis, or F&A/financial business partnership supporting human resources
- Strong analytical, modelling, and problem-solving skills – a curiosity to solve business problems with data-driven analytics
- Effective in presenting to senior leadership stakeholders
- A proven collaborative, proactive and inclusive approach to business support
- Self-motivated professional with the ability to focus, prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, high-energy environment to deliver a high-quality output
- Excitement and a commitment to learn, understand and relate to Lush’s core brand values
- Ability to work independently, and enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment
- Exceptional communication skills both written, and oral are essential to succeed in this role
- Strong team player that can drive discussion but is always open to hearing a different view
- Flexibility, dedication, and ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure to meet deadlines
- Highly proficient with MS Excel
- College or bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Business Data Analytics, Human Resources or a related field
- Analysis experience in the retail industry considered a strong asset
- Experience with data visualization software such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience with compensation and benefits reporting and analysis
Lush is open to the successful candidate being based remotely within Canada or US.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.