Lush North America supports 270 retail stores in Canada and the USA, a digital e-commerce business based in Vancouver, and manufacturing centers in Vancouver and Toronto. Lush is passionate about our handmade product, our ethical sourcing of materials, our Charity Pot program and our Employee Volunteer Opportunities. We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our Finance team to support our Vancouver manufacturing operations
We are looking for a Cost Accountant who will work with the Controller, Manager of Factory, Planning & Analysis, Senior Financial Analysts, Cost Accountants, Manufacturing Managers and teams to effectively support the greater manufacturing operations. The Manufacturing Finance team act as a key business partner to effectively support our wide range of Manufacturing teams across the business.
As a growing business, Lush need people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyse and interpret metrics and translate strategy into behaviors which drive sales and improve profit. Our Lush employees live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
The Cost Accountant will work with each manufacturing department manager to better understand the manufacturing processes (costings, labour, inventory etc.) and build KPI’s and reports that can be used to measure and improve performance. In addition, the Cost Accountant will ensure that the integrity of the item set up and bills for all products.
Reporting to the Controller, the Cost Accountant will undertake the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve the product costing process and bill of materials process within the factories. Ensure they represent and drive factory processes.
- Update Standard Costs annually or as needed
- Calculate all costs of New Product Launches and Campaigns or provide back-up
- Ensure integrity of inventory systems and reporting including monitoring for inventory obsolescence and recommending a provision or write off where necessary.
- Coordinate and run the annual year end inventory count
- Support manufacturing managers to understand the manufacturing decisions they make around process and the effect on cost and financial performance
- Participate fully in the continual development of room reporting tools and take part in regular review updates with factory and room managers.
- Work with other members of the Manufacturing Finance team and manufacturing managers to improve KPI’s to highlight success and areas for development
- Provide leadership/coaching to develop skills and build capacity within the infrastructure projects, supply chain and business unit teams. Contribute to these teams and associated projects
- Provide month end mix, waste, inventory, cost analysis, and ad hoc requests
- Contribute to end of month and end of year financial statement preparation
- Liaise with auditors on preparing related working papers and lead sheets
You bring thefollowing QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Cost Accountant, working within a manufacturing environment
- Hold a professional accounting designation (CMA/CA/CGA preferred)
- Experience working with MS Dynamics AX or similar ERP platform
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment to achieve deadlines
- Proactive, quick on your feet and the ability to see the big picture
- Detail orientated and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and also enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment
- Technical skills required: Experience with MRP/ERP systems and MS Office
- Ability to legally work in Canada and travel domestically and internationally
- Experience working with MS Dynamics AX
- Experience working within a cosmetics or food/beverage manufacturing environment
- Understanding of Lush as a business
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.