As Senior Art Director, you lead a creative team in the development of retail and digital consumer campaigns while overseeing and maintaining the Lush North America brand image, personality and visual integrity across all customer touchpoints.
You are curious, obsessed with design and responsible for raising the bar on all brand assets across the digital and retail space while inspiring and motivating an in-house team of passionate designers, copywriters, photographers and videographers.
You will lead creative marketing campaigns and execution, ensuring an exceptional level of quality and consistency. You will put the Lush customer at the heart of everything you create while meeting greater business objectives.
Reporting to the Brand Director, the Senior Art Director plays an essential role in growing talent in our business by bringing creativity and a fresh perspective to the Lush. As a design lead, you know how co-create and ideate with social and digital media, public relations and consumer insights areas to ensure seamless and effective retail and digital campaigns and outputs.
At Lush, we live with purpose, finding our personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing our work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Your core RESPONSIBILITIES will include
- Motivate, mentor and inspire a team of cross functional, creative professionals to deliver the highest quality creative assets
- Manage and cultivate the career development of staff members including designers, copywriters, photographers and videographers
- Support a culture of innovation and design thinking
- Remain actively involved in hiring and training creative staff
- Anticipate resource needs and focus on succession planning
- Oversee the budget and resource planning, working with external vendors and internal departments
- Lead creative approach in concept development to launch for all campaigns to ensure it meets the brand strategy and business goals
- Oversee design and execution of all branding elements, ensuring consistency and quality across all brands and mediums – reviewing work, troubleshooting issues and providing feedback to creative teams
- Ensures a seamless visual and creative journey for our customer at each touchpoint
- Ability to take a creative concept and lead and coach a team to apply to a variety of channels and mediums in an effective manner
- Support our brand guidelines to ensure that Lush remains true to who we are
- Introduce new creative brand concepts to take us outside of our comfort zone and challenge our traditional ways of thinking
- Provides leadership and support in the conceptualize, creative expression and execution of marketing campaigns and collateral that extend across all brand channels from retail stores to the digital experience and everything in between
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies while ensuring visual communication and brand standards are met along the way
- Ensuring creative support and direction for our fast-moving digital teams to ensure our content is effective and relevant to our audience
- Understands the importance to deliver design and specs to best optimize digital channels
- Identify potential partnerships for projects and manage agencies relationships through execution where required
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience as an Art Director and at least 2 years leading a diverse creative team
- An outstanding track record that demonstrates conceptual thinking, teamwork, and impact to consumer in both physical and digital environments
- Proficient across digital, social, film/broadcast and print
- Strong ability to display an informed set of core values regarding user experience/journeys, technology, and business communication, and the ability to present them at a high level both for digital and retail
- Expert in Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior and current trends in the retail and digital ecommerce space
- Proven experience concepting for and executing seasonal campaigns with a strong understanding of the retail customer journey
- Professional understanding of typography including fluent illustration, prototyping and/or multimedia skills
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships across diverse range of stakeholders and to work across boundaries to build credibility and influence.
- Outstanding business acumen attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills with ability to influentially present information to peers, managers and senior leadership teams.
- Excellent project management and organisational capabilities.
- A ‘can-do’ approach and a passion to encourage the same.
- Degree or other courses related to Business, Communications, Fine Arts and/ Marketing
- In house experience in a similar environment/industry
- Thorough knowledge of information architecture, usability, UI and UX Design
How to Apply:
- Online (Apply)
Thanks for your interest in Lush! Due to the high volume of applicants, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Best of luck in your job search, and don’t forget to follow us online for even MORE opportunities!