The Project Manager plays an essential role in growing talent in our business through collaboration and sharing best practices with the each business stream that it supports on a daily basis. You know how to be curious about opportunities and how to be real with feedback and support.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with business leads and partners to manage complex projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration with other large projects or technology solutions.
You will have strong project management, client partnering (internal and external), and leadership skills. A proven track record managing concurrent projects and multi-disciplinary teams, delivering projects on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business. You are a listener with a structured approach to project planning but are also excited to drive discussion that leads to action. You have a passion for what you do and are ready to join a business dedicated not just to technical proficiency but to the practices of fair-trade sourcing, supporting sustainable communities and giving back to grass roots organizations making a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Project Manager undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Concurrently manage multiple projects, on budget and on schedule
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams through all phases of the project life cycle, providing support, coaching, motivation, and inspiration
- Manage all aspects of project: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality, and communication
- Co-manage, with Client Services, all project-related requests from the client
- Manage relationships with third parties and contractors when project requirements fall outside internal offerings
- Prepare and consistently update project documentation: WBS, Gantt Charts, specifications, status reports, change requests, etc.
- Control and manage projects following internal processes and tools
- Work closely with practice leads and teams to estimate work and develop project plans. During project estimation and planning, challenge internal teams to maximize ROI and to find optimal delivery solutions
- Ensure changing resource and project requirements are documented, understood, and clearly presented
- Develop contracts and SOWs to support various offerings: technical implementation projects, professional services and consulting, post-launch maintenance, etc.
- Ensure that projects are comprehensively planned and executed as smoothly as possible, successfully managing internal stakeholders, client partners, and third parties
- Help define successful Delivery and PMO processes and undertake various internal projects that are essential to company growth and success
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- A track record of delivering projects on time and on budget, while maintaining effective client and team relationships
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Experience in managing, and dealing with, technical teams in application development and implementation of infrastructure solutions
- Defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Developing full-scale project plans, project charters and associated communication documents to report project progress, providing frequent verbal and written progress reports on the status of projects providing action plans or recommendations on project deployment to project sponsors
- Strong knowledge of project management tools, best practices and processes
- An effective consulting relationship-building capability with corporate clients and vendors, with a strong customer service orientation
- Excellent problem-solving, leadership, facilitation, dispute resolution, interpersonal and both verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to effectively coach, train, and provide work direction to other project staff as well as appraise work outcomes and quality
- Organized, rigorous, detail-oriented and thorough
- Self-motivated and self-managing; assertive and proactive
- Team-oriented: Personable and can work with team members one-on-one
- Able to juggle multiple projects, clients and priorities concurrently
- Able to adjust perspective from the big picture, to a fine level of detail as appropriate
- Formal Project Management or Business training and/or certification (PMP, Prince2, ITIL, Six Sigma, Lean, Scrum/Agile/Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience with other Microsoft enterprise technologies, such as Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Experience managing Internet or technology projects such as custom applications development, ERP, or e-commerce solutions
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field, preferably Business or Computer Science
- Ability to develop and/or contribute to business analysis and business requirements gathering and documentation