Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
Facilities & Maintenance
Manager, Facilities and Maintenance
Etobicoke, ON (3 Manufacturing and Distribution Facilities)
As soon as possible
Availability: Flexible to work mornings, afternoons, overnights, weekends, and overtime as required
Lush North America supports more than 250 retail stores in Canada and the USA, and manufacturing and distribution centres located in both Vancouver and Toronto.
Lush is known worldwide for our unique bath and beauty products, amazing skin and hair care, personalized customer service, and environmental activism and a fun & funky store atmosphere. We are dedicated to the practices of fair-trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organizations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
Reporting to the Facilities & Maintenance Manager, the Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) will support our Industrial Mechanic/Millwright with the day-to-day maintenance of machinery at our 3 Etobicoke, ON facilities.
As an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright), you bring Lush’s Leadership Practices into all elements of your business: Be Real, Be Curious, Lead Fearlessly, Adapt and Evolve, Grow Talent, and Live with Purpose.
- A fun, funky and professional atmosphere where individualism is encouraged
- Competitive compensation package and a generous and comprehensive benefits plan after 90 days
- Diverse workforce where we foster diversity and inclusion
- 50% off all our products so that you feel fresh everyday
- 50% off Presto Transit, as required after 30 days
- An opportunity to work develop innovative, value focused, resilient, and robust supply chains
- Free coffee and tea in the employee lunchrooms
- A dynamic, fast paced, growing business where personal development is encouraged
- Bicycle storage locker
- Gender neutral restrooms and changing rooms
- $100 reimbursement towards CSA Approved Steel Toes Boots/Shoes after 90 days
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
What you do (Responsibilities):
- Responsible for working safely and following all applicable MOL regulations, complies and adheres to OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices
- Maintain a wide variety of power tools in good and safe working condition including annual safety inspections as required by MOL regulations
- Inform the appropriate management teams regarding potential hazards and recommending corrective solutions
- Maintain safe practices and actively engage in continuous improvement projects
- Input into the computerized maintenance management system, the work performed, materials and equipment used and other comments as required in detail
- Provide regular and routine maintenance of machines ensuring safety, quality, productivity and environmental policies are held to the highest standards
- Carry out all aspects of preventive and reactive maintenance and respond quickly to requests for maintenance support to ensure minimal downtime
- Support preventative maintenance administrative duties by maintaining files and records, ordering equipment and supplies and preparing reports
- Train production room personnel on basic preventative maintenance as well as cleaning for production equipment
- Collaborate with production & facilities team members and provide training
- Perform other duties or undertakes projects as assigned, including production related tasks
- Occasionally perform physically demanding tasks like moving or lifting heavy objects
Who you are (Qualifications):
- Must possess and be able to maintain a current Certificate of Qualification as an Industrial Mechanic Millwright in accordance with the regulations enforced in the Province of Ontario. (Ontario Regulation 43 Apprenticeship and Trade worker's Qualification Act).
- 0-3 years of relevant experience including a basic understanding of refrigeration, low pressure steam, PLCs and working knowledge of single and 3-phase electrical
- Able to complete all relevant millwright duties
- Able to prioritize under the pressure of tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, showing high level of professionalism in written and verbal communications
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Determined and confident to ensure issues are resolved
- Comfortable working in a production area (temperature, humidity, noise, etc)
- Able to function in a relatively unstructured and creative environment as a self-directed and motivated team player
- Able to intuitively view business situations, with potential results in mind and work to implement those results in an efficient and effective manner
- Able to work in a multi department team environment
- Able to challenge the status-quo seeking continuous improvement
- Able to freely interact with others to help fix problems or to find ways of doing things better
- Capable of physical activities such as standing for long durations, bending down, pulling and pushing
- Reliable, consistent attendance, punctual and dependable
- Flexible to work shift work, weekends and occasional overtime
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Own and maintain your hand tools
- A valid Class 5 or equivalent driver’s license
- Able to train, coach and develop peers
- Previous work experience in repairs and maintenance of machinery
- Dexterity, being able to think non-linearly; seeing pieces of a set and identifying what’s missing
- Experience using a CMMS System
- Hobbies: mechanical related, repairs and maintenance
- Background in troubleshooting repairs and determine effective approach
- Able to read, understand and interpret drawings and manuals
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience with Auto Cad
- Forklift Training, TDG, and any Safety training
- Organized, 5S/LEAN exposure will be consider as an asset
- Accustomed to working in a highly seasonal, high pressure environment
- Flexible to work shift work, afternoon shift, weekends, holidays and occasional overtime
How to Apply:
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only select applicants will be considered for this opportunity based on our selection criteria.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
At Lush, we believe when we continue to foster a culture of inclusion and respect within a diverse workforce, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. We recruit from a variety of employment agencies, community groups, non-profits, and online social and job sites, and in our business practices, strive to leverage the gift that diversity brings. We welcome diverse candidates to our recruitment process. Lush is committed to providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to please make their needs/requirements known.
Lush North America unequivocally supports equal opportunity employment for all applicants regardless of religion, race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, differently abled, adverse mental health, and other characteristics both defined, protected and enforced by the law under federal or provincial/state jurisdiction.