The Sustainability Specialist, Corporate & Retail plays an essential role in growing talent in our business through collaboration and sharing best practices with the Sustainability team. You know how to be curious about opportunities and how to be real with feedback and support.
Lush Cosmetics is based in Vancouver with manufacturing, distribution and 250 shops across North America. In this role, you will partner with departments across the business to develop and evolve initiatives that further integrate sustainability into our culture and operations. Your primary focus areas include waste and recycling, circularity and packaging, climate and carbon, water and buying/procurement, in addition to supporting EPR and retail related regulation. You will collaborate closely with various business areas including Retail, Freight & Distribution, Digital/Ecommerce, IT, Events and Buying/Procurement, among other support and admin functions.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyse and respond to your learner’s needs. Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Sustainability Manager, the Sustainability Specialist, Corporate and Retail undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draw on your expertise to build business cases and provide analysis that create excitement and consensus amongst cross functional teams and gain support and resources for projects
- Effectively manage multiple projects with diverse stakeholders, prioritizing tasks and resources to bring projects through the finish line on time and budget
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to provide environmental guidance and perspective to influence business decisions and embed sustainability into operational process
- Build meaningful relationships across all areas and levels of the organization, earning credibility as a sustainability expert
- Mentor, provide work direction and assign tasks to the Sustainability Coordinator
- Track and analyze environmental metrics to report measurable progress and oversee annual reporting for key programs (i.e. Product Stewardship/EPR)
- Oversee and evolve ongoing sustainability initiatives to drive for continual improvement
- Stay current on the sustainability landscape, industry trends, emerging issues, best practices and new innovations
- Develop and update resources, tools, training and engagement activities to inspire and facilitate behavior change that reduces our environmental impact
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience in Sustainability, with at least 2 years of related project management experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and timelines from initial conception and business case development through implementation
- Ability to translate and tailor complicated and complex information in a way that is interesting and relevant to different audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and facilitate with internal and external stakeholders
- A self-starter with the ability to proactively identify opportunities, draw connections and solve problems
- An analytical problem solver who ask the right questions, thinks creatively and works through a process to develop viable solutions
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and effective manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment, sharing expertise and supporting team priorities and initiatives
- Industry knowledge and connections in sustainability
- Relevant educational background (i.e. environment sciences, sustainability, business)
- Operational experience in sustainability in a retail or corporate environment
- Experience in mentoring and developing others
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.