Global Supply Manager (GSM) - EE
GSMs at Lunar Energy will be responsible for establishing and maintaining our supply base of contract manufacturers and component suppliers around the world. The scope includes identifying and vetting potential suppliers, leading contract and pricing negotiations, driving should-cost modeling and supporting the Lunar engineering team with supplier engagement throughout the development process. We are looking for people who are passionate about a more sustainable future and want to make that vision a reality. An ideal candidate is someone who is excited to collaborate with a diverse and dedicated team.
Lunar Energy was founded to transition homes to 100% clean energy—making our electricity greener, our air cleaner and our energy more safe, secure and reliable for all. We’re a fast-growing, global company building the world’s best clean energy products to electrify all homes and connect communities to form clean, resilient virtual power plants.
On a given day at Lunar, you’ll likely...
- Establish strategic multi-year Electrical Engineering roadmap to ensure sufficient capacity to support production goals
- Establish our supply chain strategy, through close collaboration with technical teams, by identifying vendors that can best meet Lunar Energy's requirements
- Create RFQs/SOWs, review, analyze and clarify quotations from suppliers and develop sourcing and business recommendations balancing cost, quality, lead-time and technical considerations
- Develop and negotiate favorable commercial agreements including ED&T, unit pricing, and lead times to set Lunar Energy up for long term success while collaborating with our Legal team for optimal terms and conditions
- Manage supplier development and tooling timelines, part availability for prototype builds/start of production, and develop solutions for delays or problems that arise
- Maintain the health of supplier relationships and act as point of contact for all commercial issues, including internal report-outs summarizing sourcing status, parts availability, and cost status
- Monitor industry and global market conditions, track technology roadmaps, identify supply and demand challenges and opportunities
- Develop a deep understanding of manufacturing processes and costs, logistics, market intelligence, and apply these learnings to future sourcing strategies
- Organize and support onsite visits and audits of key suppliers and contract manufacturers to perform due diligence prior to contract award, and as needed, post award to ensure adherence to commitments
- Competitive compensation package + equity
- Comprehensive benefits - medical, dental and vision
- Flexible Paid Time Off + 10 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave for all full time employees: 12 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing mother, 6 weeks paid parental leave for the non-birthing parent
- Wellbeing: partnerships with GymPass, SoFi, Carrot, Headspace, One Medical, and more!
Our Compensation Philosophy: Our goal is to ensure that all Lunar Energy employees are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Pay Transparency for Pay Equity Act for California applicants. The salary range estimate for this position depending on level of experience is: $140k - $160k USD.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time.