Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) Engineer:
The ATE Engineers at Lunar Energy will be responsible for creation of test software and hardware solutions for the validation of the product throughout the entire lifecycle of our revolutionary home energy products. This includes being involved in all aspects of execution of FW Validation, Reliability and production testing. We are looking for people who are passionate about a more sustainable future and want to make that vision a reality. An ideal candidate is someone who is excited to collaborate with a diverse and dedicated team.
Lunar Energy was founded to transition homes to 100% clean energy—making our electricity greener, our air cleaner and our energy more safe, secure and reliable for all. We’re a fast-growing, global company building the world’s best clean energy products to electrify all homes and connect communities to form clean, resilient virtual power plants.
On a given day at Lunar, you’ll likely…
- Collaborate, either in-office or remotely, with firmware and electrical engineers across the company to execute the various tests outlined in product DVP’s
- Integrate test software collecting sensor and data acquisition signals- Simulate conditions using instruments and automate them
- Collaborate with technicians to get and test systems prepared for test execution
- Developing test scripts to exercise units as intended during the test
- Process and analyze test data using various software tools to validate system performance
- Share test results with detailed test reports and documentation
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized working environment
- Leverage off the shelf technologies for Data collection, automation and execution
- Write data processing scripts to interpret results
- Work with Reliability and manufacturing engineers to capture requirements for tester design and execute them
- Develop test automation software for Test Equipment using LabVIEW, NI TestStand
- Prepare verification procedures for ATE & test automation software and carry out tests for verification, reliability and manufacturing
- Skills required: Minimum 7+ years’ experience in LabVIEW and NI TestStand
- Experience in selection and programming of data acquisition devices & Benchtop instruments
- Experience with cDAQ / cRIO / Drivers
- Experience in ATE integration, debugging and testing
- Able to understand detail electronic design of analog, digital or mixed-signals and associated circuit schematics, simulation tools, BOM and design documents for ATE
- Source control tools like GIT, SVN etc.
- Protocol experience
- i2c, SPI, RS 485/232
- Ethernet protocols, UDP, TCP
- Industrial Protocols like OPCUA, EthernetIP, ModBUS etc.
- Automotive CAN, LIN etc.
- Competitive compensation package + equity
- Comprehensive benefits - medical, dental and vision
- Flexible Paid Time Off + 10 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave for all full time employees: 12 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing mother, 6 weeks paid parental leave for the non-birthing parent
- Wellbeing: partnerships with GymPass, SoFi, Carrot, Headspace, One Medical, and more!
Our Compensation Philosophy: Our goal is to ensure that all Lunar Energy employees are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Pay Transparency for Pay Equity Act for California applicants. The salary range estimate for this position depending on level of experience is: $110k - $165k USD.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time.