Test Engineering Manager
As a Test Engineering Manager at Lunar Energy, you will be responsible for ensuring the validation of the product throughout the entire lifecycle of our revolutionary home energy products. This includes providing guidance and recommendations to the Test Engineers on how to best execute and implement validation tests, resource planning across programs, and being a people leader. If and when problems occur, we expect our leaders to be hands-on in the lab working to unblock, solve, and ensure the team is successful. We are looking for people who are passionate about a more sustainable and energy independent future and want to make that vision a reality. An ideal candidate is someone who is excited to collaborate with a diverse and dedicated team.
Lunar Energy was founded to transition homes to 100% clean energy—making our electricity greener, our air cleaner and our energy more safe, secure and reliable for all. We’re a fast-growing, global company building the world’s best clean energy products to electrify all homes and connect communities to form clean, resilient virtual power plants.
On a given day at Lunar, you’ll likely...
- Hire, Lead, and Mentor a team of Test engineers to execute hardware reliability and durability tests
- Collaborate, either in-office or remotely, with mechanical, electrical, and reliability engineers across the company to develop and execute product Design Validation Plans (DVP)
- Work with test engineers to develop detailed instrumentation maps highlighting sensor and data acquisition needs
- Work with Hardware, Firmware and Systems Engineering to develop product timelines, design test fixtures, allocate resources, and identify key risk areas
- Coordinate with internal and 3rd party testing facilities to get tests scheduled and executed
- Developing test scripts to exercises test articles as intended during the test
- Process and analyze test data using various software tools to validate system performance
- Review and share test results with detailed test reports and documentation
- In the event of test failures, participate in failure analysis and provide recommendations to the design team
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized working environment
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent evidenced by demonstrated ability
- Experience working with High Voltage (400V+) systems and Power Conversion Systems (PCS)
- Experience using NI cDAQ, PXI data logging equipment and associated sensor selection
- Experience with programming languages such as Python
- Experience with environmental and durability testing using Environmental Chambers
- Competitive compensation package + equity
- Comprehensive benefits - medical, dental and vision
- Flexible Paid Time Off + 10 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave for all full time employees: 12 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing mother, 6 weeks paid parental leave for the non-birthing parent
- Wellbeing: partnerships with GymPass, SoFi, Carrot, Headspace, One Medical, and more!
Our Compensation Philosophy: Our goal is to ensure that all Lunar Energy employees are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Pay Transparency for Pay Equity Act for California applicants. The salary range estimate for this position depending on level of experience is: $150k - $190 USD.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time.