Mechanical Design Engineer
As a Mechanical Design Engineer at Lunar, you will be responsible for the full product development lifecycle of mechanical systems within our revolutionary home energy products. We are looking for people who are passionate about a more sustainable future, and want to make that vision a reality. An ideal candidate is excited and ready to collaborate closely with a small, dedicated team. Engineers at Lunar are hands-on and involved in a wide range of facets of the product, from applying fundamental physical principles in design, to working with high volume production suppliers.
Lunar Energy was founded to transition homes to 100% clean energy—making our electricity greener, our air cleaner and our energy more safe, secure and reliable for all. We’re a fast-growing, global company building the world’s best clean energy products to electrify all homes and connect communities to form clean, resilient virtual power plants.
We are currently recruiting several Mechanical Engineers with different areas of focus and core expertise.
On a given day at Lunar, you’ll likely…
- Work back-and-forth with collaborators across the company to continuously refine and improve our understanding of how our products can create the greatest impact, get to market quickly, and operate reliably for our customers
- Brainstorm and evaluate new solutions, weigh pros and cons, and narrow down options
- Efficiently test ideas and designs: anything from back-of-the envelope calculations to physical tests and multi-physics simulations
- Design high performance, reliable, easy to manufacture parts and assemblies, employing a variety of high volume manufacturing processes
- Create and review drawings and other part specifications
- Manage bills of materials, cost and mass roll-ups, and engineering releases
- Define manufacturing processes and inspection methods
- Collaborate directly with part manufacturers to support prototypes and production
- Competitive compensation package + equity
- Comprehensive benefits - medical, dental and vision
- Flexible Paid Time Off + 10 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave for all full time employees: 12 weeks paid parental leave for the birthing mother, 6 weeks paid parental leave for the non-birthing parent
- Wellbeing: partnerships with GymPass, SoFi, Carrot, Headspace, One Medical, and more!
Our Compensation Philosophy: Our goal is to ensure that all Lunar Energy employees are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Pay Transparency for Pay Equity Act for California applicants. The salary range estimate for this position depending on level of experience is: $100,000 - $140,000 USD.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time.