Lunar is transforming the way we power our homes by building an ecosystem of all-electric products starting with a next-generation home battery system. The Lunar team is made up of savvy entrepreneurs as well as passionate technology and industry experts who build and deploy products to electrify homes, which are connected through an integrated software platform called, Gridshare.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Lead to join a team of talented Developers and Data Scientists to deliver a more sustainable future. We are building the best products of their kind in the market and for that reason we are assembling a world-class team.
In this role your responsibilities will include:-
- Leading a software team, providing direction and clarity in order to achieve your shared goals
- Defining the organisational structure and practises of the team
- Providing line management for the team
- Providing technical guidance to the team and if needed participate in software development
- Working closely with Principal Developers to define the software architecture
- Collaborating with Product Managers to define product requirements
- Be accountable for the team’s wellbeing, deliverables and software quality
You will be supported to work and grow your knowledge on multiple parts of the stack according to your personal interests and abilities. Our team has a strong tradition of using functional programming and type systems to build pragmatic and flexible systems to satisfy business requirements.
- BSc, MSc in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 7 years experience in software development
- A minimum of 4 years experience in team leadership
- Good knowledge of cloud computing
- Good knowledge of user interface development
Good to have:
- Experience with Functional Programming or interest in the paradigm
- Experience in AWS using Serverless technologies
- Data Science and ML experience
- Embedded Linux experience
- Interest in the renewable energy sector or IoT
You should be:
- Happy working in a fast moving team, in which your initiative and contributions can have a big impact
- Motivated and enthusiastic, open to learn new things
- Self-starter, managing your own workload and deadlines and taking personal responsibility
- Prepared to produce the best possible end product and codebase
Joining us gives you:
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Private Medical Insurance scheme through BUPA (medical history disregarded);
- A wellbeing and lifestyle benefits plan through Medicash
- 5% employer contributions pension matching
- A budget for work related training of £1,000 per financial year and an allowance of 4 training days
- Cycle To Work scheme and Workplace Nursery benefit
- £200 upon joining for remote work set-up
- Access to Spill - Mental Health Support platform
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement + 8 Bank Holidays
- Fully remote working or hybrid depending on preferences
Location: This role can be fully remote from within the UK, partially remote (you will be able to attend the office in London - Liverpool Street or Manchester for the chosen amount of days a week), or office-based.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, ethnicity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, nationality, age or social background. We would like to actively encourage applications from those who identify with less represented and minority groups. We do not filter applications by university background and encourage those who have taken alternative educational and career paths to apply.