In 2011, March Andreessen famously said, “Software is eating the world.” 10+ years later, software hasn’t just nibbled, it has indulged in a lavish ten-course feast at a Michelin star restaurant. From Slack to Zoom to Figma, software is embedded in every company’s DNA. And while most just get to enjoy the benefits, there is one unsung hero behind it all: 🦸♀️ IT 🦸♀️
While being flooded with never ending IT tickets, they are also making sure Guy Fieri in Sales doesn’t buy yet another tool “promising” a 103% lead conversion rate. And burying themselves in spreadsheets to prepare the SOC2 report for when Gordon Ramsey from the Big 4 comes knocking. And can’t forget about Julia Child, the newest on-call engineer, who needs access to prod DB to investigate an incident. All of these workstreams are among spreadsheets, emails, Slack messages, and Zoom calls. But those days are numbered.
✨ Let there be Lumos ✨
Lumos is building the first AppHQ for companies. In essence, we are creating the meta app, the source-of-truth for companies to manage all their apps.
- 🚀 Rocketship Growth: In less than two years, our team has grown from 20 to ~80 brilliant minds across Canada, the United States and South America. Our customer base has more than 10x’d with some pretty incredible names like SiriusXM, GitHub, and Intercom.
- 📈 Backed by Industry Leaders: Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) has backed us since the beginning. We have a team of trusted advisors including Joel De La Garza (partner at a16z and previous Chief Security Officer at Box) and Leland Maschmeyer (the design thinker behind Spotify and Microsoft)
- ⭐ Grow with us: You have the chance to be one of the first 100 people at Lumos. At Lumos, you will build your function from the ground up, get exposure to different aspects of the business developing a diverse skill set, and most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to pave your own path.
We are rewriting the IT playbook, one that better reflects our software eaten world.
We’re seeing very strong adoption with core products, and in order to double down our investment and support accelerating growth, we’re hiring a Security Engineer Lead to join the team. You'd be among the first 100 employees and set the foundation for extreme growth. 📈
Lumos is transforming how companies operate by building the first AppStore for Companies. As such, Lumos sits in the middle of some of the most sensitive data & control available in enterprises. As the first security software engineer lead at Lumos, you will have a key impact on the definition & growth of our entire security program: from identifying and translating customer needs to defining, architecting, and developing our security infrastructure, application components, and processes.
✨ Your Responsibilities
- Lead efforts across the broad spectrum of security needs in an early-stage startup. That includes application security, infrastructure security, threat intelligence, incident response, compliance, identity & access management (IAM), and more. You will wear many hats.
- Solve challenging technical problems across the stack to improve our security posture; may include the frontend (React, Typescript), communication layer (GraphQL), and backend (Python, Terraform, AWS).
- Build a deep understanding of our customers and Lumos’s technology to satisfy the security needs of a broad range of customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in engineering and beyond to identify & mitigate key technical risks & plan for security at scale.
- Level up the team. You mentor those around you and improve the standards of our engineering organization.
⛰ Your Skills
- Software engineering. You have hands-on software development experience. You love building great software products that deliver value to customers. You are proficient in designing, building, and delivering modern cloud-based software systems.
- Proven mentor & team player. You have proven track record of mentoring teammates. You foster a collaborative & inclusive working environment. You have a mature approach to sharing knowledge, training, and developing the skills of your team members. You level up the team, putting the success of their team about their own ego: “we” before “I”.
- Security expert. You are a security generalist. You are passionate about securing complex systems. You know how to incorporate the needs of our customers into the security roadmap across the pre-sales and post-sales spectrum. Familiarity with a common compliance framework such as SOC2, GDPR, FedRAMP, ISO 27001, etc.) is a plus.
- $150,000 - $210,000. Note that this range is a good faith estimate of likely pay for this role; upon hire, the pay may differ due to skill and/or level of experience.
🙌 What We Value
We care much more about your motivation and excitement to grow into the role than we care just about your CV. Instead of focusing on what people need to have, we focus on what people need to do. Additionally, we try to find out whether you would be a good fit for Lumos based on our values that define how we achieve outcomes and what characteristics we value.
We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. 🤲
💸 Benefits and Perks:
- 💯 Remote work culture (+/-4 hours Pacific Time)
- ⛑ Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage covered by Lumos
- 🛩 Company and team bonding trips throughout the year fully covered by Lumos
- 💻 Optimal WFH setup to set you up for success
- 🌴 Unlimited PTO, with minimum time off to make sure you are rested and able to be at your best
- 👶🏽 Up to (4) months off for both the Birthing & Non-birthing parent
- 💰 Wellness stipend to keep you awesome and healthy
- 🏦 401k contribution plan