In 2011, March Andreessen famously said, “Software is eating the world.” 10+ years later, software hasn’t just nibbled, it has indulged in a lavish ten-course feast at a Michelin star restaurant. From Slack to Zoom to Figma, software is embedded in every company’s DNA. And while most just get to enjoy the benefits, there is one unsung hero behind it all: 🦸♀️ IT 🦸♀️
While being flooded with never ending IT tickets, they are also making sure Guy Fieri in Sales doesn’t buy yet another tool “promising” a 103% lead conversion rate. And burying themselves in spreadsheets to prepare the SOC2 report for when Gordon Ramsey from the Big 4 comes knocking. And can’t forget about Julia Child, the newest on-call engineer, who needs access to prod DB to investigate an incident. All of these workstreams are among spreadsheets, emails, Slack messages, and Zoom calls. But those days are numbered.
✨ Let there be Lumos ✨
Lumos is building the first AppHQ for companies. In essence, we are creating the meta app, the source-of-truth for companies to manage all their apps.
- 🚀 Rocketship Growth: In less than two years, our team has grown from 20 to ~80 brilliant minds across Canada, the United States and South America. Our customer base has more than 10x’d with some pretty incredible names like SiriusXM, GitHub, and Intercom.
- 📈 Backed by Industry Leaders: Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) has backed us since the beginning. We have a team of trusted advisors including Joel De La Garza (partner at a16z and previous Chief Security Officer at Box) and Leland Maschmeyer (the design thinker behind Spotify and Microsoft)
- ⭐ Grow with us: You have the chance to be one of the first 100 people at Lumos. At Lumos, you will build your function from the ground up, get exposure to different aspects of the business developing a diverse skill set, and most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to pave your own path.
We are rewriting the IT playbook, one that better reflects our software eaten world.
As our Head of Solutions Engineering, you’ll be growing a critical part of the company — shaping and growing how the function runs at Lumos to be a technical and strategic engine fuelling our growth! You will work closely with our Sales, CS, Product, Engineering leads, as well as our technical cofounders and CEO in one of the most impactful and high-leverage positions in the company. You’ll be reporting directly into the CEO. 🚀
✨ Your Role
- Shape Solutions Engineering Strategy: Empower the SE team to adopt a proactive and strategic approach, reducing reactive tasks. Your guidance will help SEs influence more ARR and be more strategic.
- Develop Technical Infrastructure: Work with engineering to construct an effective technical environment for Customer Success and Sales teams. This role involves creating dynamic demo environments and refining tooling for smooth onboarding processes.
- Design Process Improvements: Enable the SE team to create runbooks for POC excellence, draft implementation plans and runbooks for more technical Lumos products, clearly delineate responsibilities during pre-sales and post-sales stages, and reduce the amount of technical customer support work.
- Lead Cross-Functional Collaboration: Facilitate collaboration across all Lumos teams (SE, Success, Sales, EPD) to unblock operational bottlenecks for a more seamless technical sales motions and customer implementations.
- Drive Team Leadership: Shape the career development framework and boost skills of the SE at Lumos through dedicated training and coaching.
- Lead Solutions Engineering Execution: Act as a player-coach by individually driving deals forward. This might include supporting deals and customer onboardings from initial integration to successful activation, co-building ROI trackers, conducting targeted demos based on discovery, and implementing technical use cases post-sales.
🙌 What We Value
We purposefully did not create a standard list of minimum qualifications because we care much more about your motivation, excitement, and potential to grow into the role than about your CV.
Instead of focusing on what people need to have, we focus on what people need to do. Additionally, we try to find out whether you would be a good fit for Lumos based on our values that define how we achieve outcomes and what characteristics we value.
We encourage you to apply even if you think you might not be perfect fit! 🤝
- $210,000 - $250,000. Note that this range is a good faith estimate of likely pay for this role; upon hire, the pay may differ due to skill and/or level of experience.
💸 Benefits and Perks:
- 💯 Remote work culture (+/-4 hours Pacific Time)
- ⛑ Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage covered by Lumos
- 🛩 Company and team bonding trips throughout the year fully covered by Lumos
- 💻 Optimal WFH setup to set you up for success
- 🌴 Unlimited PTO, with minimum time off to make sure you are rested and able to be at your best
- 👶🏽 Up to (4) months off for both the Birthing & Non-birthing parent
- 💰 Wellness stipend to keep you awesome and healthy
- 🏦 401k contribution plan