About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Design, you will work side-by-side with fellow designers, developers, researchers, and PMs in a fast-paced, design-driven environment building the industry-leading podcast platform.
We believe that a great service succeeds on the totality of the experience, from native apps to web, connected devices to social, marketing to customer support. That's why we're building a truly customer-centric ecosystem of products, personalized, contextual, and responsive to customer needs.
As a member of a pre-launch startup, you'll be working in a hands-on manner on a variety of platforms and features. You'll be expected to contribute not only thoughtful UX and beautiful clean UI design, but ideas and directional input that will shape the future of Luminary.
About the Candidate
- Minimum 5 years relevant iOS, Android, and web design experience.
- Strong design portfolio that clearly demonstrates your decision making, starting with a problem, progressing through design work and prototypes, and culminating in the successful launch of a product users love.
- Clean, beautiful UI design and functional, intuitive UX design.
- Understanding of timelines, goals, abilities, constraints, and how teams create functional products.
- Understanding of effective design process, starting with a problem statement, developing and validating concepts, and culminating in a functional product people love.
- Experience designing across platforms like iOS, Material design, and design systems for the web, with work that feels native, but lets the brand speak clearly.
- Experience prototyping and testing interactive design using tools like Invision and Principle.
- Excited and eager to share what you know, learn from your colleagues, promote design thinking across the organization, and workshop ideas instead of going with your first instinct.
- Podcast enthusiast!
About the Company
Luminary. We are podcasts.
Luminary is a new way to listen to and discover podcasts. We are a platform and a publisher; an ecosystem and a curator. We aim to build a platform that brings together pod lovers and creators with industry-leading innovation and an unmatched listening experience. 48 million people currently listen to podcasts—a number that is growing at 20% per year. We are building a better podcast community for all.
- Unlimited paid time-off
- Competitive compensation
- Competitive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive snacks :-)
- Incredible opportunity for growth within the company (after all, we’re a start-up)
- Happy work environment with a great office location in Flatiron
- And more (ask us!)