We're looking for an intelligent and agile Software Engineer to build and scale powerful, top-notch tech software. We’re a small, talented and efficient engineering team. Highly technical, scrappy, and love what we do.
We deploy with quick git pushes on top of a HIPAA-compliant stack, built with MongoDB, Node.js, Redis, RabbitMQ, React, and a bunch of other modern technologies.
What you will do:
- Work across the back end to build, test and ship products using our HIPAA-compliant stack: tools like Node 8+, RabbitMQ, ES6, React, MongoDB, Postgres, and Redis;
- Focus on scalability, security, and availability of all applications and processes;
- Work side by side with our product designers to think through features from UX to database access patterns;
- Prioritize our backlog. You'll need to communicate well and work with leadership when you’re stretched in a lot of directions;
- Develop new features that can scale to 1,000s of requests per second;
- Develop and strengthen your skills through close interaction and mentoring from senior engineers;
- Troubleshoot production problems quickly and sustainably;
- Optimize our current product to be able to scale smoothly;
- Stay nimble in an agile environment.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant college degree or equivalent experience (3+ year of backend experience and comfort with working with Node.js, and excitement about diving into the backend or data store as needed);
- Well-written, well-tested, high quality code to meet the needs of our team and company;
- A developer who can iterate quickly and fail fast - comfortable in a fast-paced environment;
- Detail oriented, organized, individual who is able to prioritize and balance multiple projects;
- An individual with great communication skills;
- Strong thirst to learn, especially at a start-up paced environment.
What would set you apart:
- Prior work with A.I/ML/bots from a design, development and deployment perspective
- Knowledge of Java and SQL Server
- Startup engineering experience.
What We Offer:
- Catered lunch 2x a week;
- Open area kitchen with snacks and a variety of fresh fruits delivered weekly;
- Learning & Development;
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play.