The Sales Engineer will work hand-in-hand with Sales, Product, Engineering, and Marketing to help us bring our products to market and grow the company. She/he will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to make explain Luma Health during the sales process, and a technical sales approach to support our sales team that will ultimately make customers successful. This sales engineer will have a broad range of skills and experience ranging from databases, security, performance analysis, deployment experience, etc. He/she will have the insight to make the connection between a customer’s electronic health record and Luma Health’s, the customer-facing skills to communicate that connection and vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences, and the technical skills to be able to not only build demos and execute proof-of-concepts but also to provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation.
The person we’re looking for shares our passion for reinventing the data platform and thrives in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of an innovative startup from its early days. That means having the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make Luma Health and our customers successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies for patient access and patient communication in order to be an authoritative resource to Luma Health’s prospects and customers. And it means working collaboratively with a broad range of people both inside and outside the company.
Our ideal candidate comes from a high-growth SaaS startup or top consulting firm and possesses a depth of experience building and leveraging deep technical knowledge and strong communication skills to close prospects into accounts.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales technical role.
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Understanding of complex healthcare information systems, including possible experience with a variety of databases (MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MongoDB, etc), health IT systems (Epic, Cerner, Nextgen, Centricity, etc), and the ability to learn how to apply custom healthcare IT solutions.
- Strong skills in databases, networking, enterprise architecture.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply Luma Health’s product and solutions to creatively address each customer’s unique needs.
- Present Luma Health’s technology and vision to executives, technical contributors, and practice staff at prospects and customers.
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of Luma Health’s Total Patient Engagement platform throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation.
- Maintain a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Luma Health in relation to them.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Luma Health’s products and marketing.
- Travel up to 50%.
What would set you apart:
- Previous startup experience
- If you are prepared to build the ultimate sales machine while helping millions of patients improve their access to healthcare across the US you should apply!
What We Offer:
Luma Health takes care of you and the people you care about. We're headquartered in the financial district of San Francisco (~1 block from Montgomery BART).
- 401k and Roth 401k benefits
- Equity (stock options)
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- Life insurance, Disability insurance options
- Unlimited vacation time (woohoo!) as well as flexible working hours
- Catered lunch 2x a week!
- Open area kitchen with snacks and a variety of fresh fruits delivered weekly
- Wellness/Fitness, Learning & Development, Mobile Phone benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits (we're very close to --Montgomery BART, Muni, and the Ferry!)
- Comfortable lounge areas for work and play
- Happy hours and team building events!
Luma Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in order to thrive, businesses need a diverse team and leadership. We welcome every race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Everyone is welcome here.