About Luma: We believe that people are the most important part of a business and we are focused on enabling our clients to build the best businesses through recruiting the best people.
The majority of companies have not changed the ways they recruit for decades and are now out of date and out of touch. We are solving this and in doing so building great, forward thinking businesses.
Our team is mission-driven and scaling up. We value humanity (compassion, embracing fun and quirks, and staying humble) while striving for excellence (accountability, active learning, and ownership). Sound like you? Read on!
As one of the first members of the team in a fast growing start-up your efforts will shape the future of the company and your career growth and opportunities will be dramatically accelerated.
Luma is looking for an accomplished Front-End Software Engineer. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is comfortable wearing many hats. You should be an experienced software engineer with a passion for building robust user interfaces. This role reports to Luma’s Director of Engineering.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with our design team to build state of the art user interfaces
- Build responsive applications, capable of working with a variety of devices and browsers
- Coordinate presentation and manipulation of data with engineering team
- Create and implement a collection of reusable components
- Establish and adhere to best practices in design thinking and user-centric principles
- Participate in regular code reviews and architecture discussions
- Advance your skills and career while having fun, learning, and working hard
- Thrive in an innovative and rapidly growing environment
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- TypeScript experience is a plus but not required
- Comfortable with various data structures, formats, and stores
- Full stack experience is a plus
- A growth mindset and love of learning
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, self-direct, and work efficiently while pursuing excellence
- Ability to move quickly, multi-task, and adapt to our rapidly changing and growing market and customer needs
Humanity Over Everything
We care about people. We know that people are more than just their job title. We trust and believe in our people as the foundation of success.
Embrace Fun and Quirks
We take our jobs seriously and have fun while doing so. We celebrate our quirks and differences. We balance professionalism and a strong work ethic with camaraderie and playfulness.
We believe in pride of ownership without ego. We have growth mindsets and know that we can always learn and improve. We are delighted when our teammates succeed.
Strive for Excellence
We are all top performers who think like owners of the business. We hold the bar high, and follow through on our commitments. We take accountability for our failures and our successes.
We encourage ourselves and others to ask questions and dig beyond face value. We respectfully challenge each other's ideas and work. We believe substantial questions are the foundation of a strong business, from an interview process through an exit interview.
Celebrate Failure in Pursuit of Success
We aren't embarrassed by our failures - we communicate and learn from them to continue to grow.
Luma is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.