We believe that people are the most important part of a business and we are focused on enabling our clients to build the best businesses through recruiting the best people.
The majority of companies have not changed the ways they recruit for decades and are now out of date and out of touch. We are solving this and in doing so building great, forward thinking businesses.
Our team is mission-driven and scaling up. We value humanity (compassion, embracing fun and quirks, and staying humble) while striving for excellence (accountability, active learning, and ownership). Sound like you? Read on!
As one of the first members of the team in a fast growing start-up your efforts will shape the future of the company and your career growth and opportunities will be dramatically accelerated.
We are looking for our very first marketing hire to take our company to the next level. As our marketing leader, you will collaborate closely with the CEO to establish our company as the category leader while shaping our marketing strategy, vision, and our company’s story and brand. We are looking for a dynamic, flexible, and passionate marketer who is an excellent creative thinker, storyteller, and revenue creator.
Reporting to the CEO, this role will have a wide range of responsibilities, including market analysis, strategy, positioning, competitive analysis, communication, campaign management, pricing, packaging and promotion of key products and solutions.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strategic vision, marketing savvy, strong storytelling and communication skills, and a passion for execution. This individual will have a highly visible leadership role and will drive joint initiatives across teams. Initially, this position will be the sole marketer on the team, so we are looking for someone who can execute autonomously initially before building a world class team.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute our company’s positioning and messaging strategy through content marketing and expert engagement of media, analysts, and influencers.
- Fuel company growth by creating, delivering, and optimizing demand generation efforts through thought leadership, content marketing, public relations, and digital marketing.
- Build an excellent process for top of the funnel marketing from MQL to closed won customers.
- Align, create and manage marketing programs to increase the quality and volume of leads, opportunities and customer upsell opportunities.
- Drive product packaging and pricing strategies for the company’s rapidly expanding solution set alongside product management
- Develop and implement end-to-end demand generation marketing programs and processes that support business priorities and goals.
- Effectively build, manage, grow, develop and inspire a world class marketing team.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience with increasing responsibility. A significant amount of this experience should include work in early stage, high-growth B2B SaaS environments.
- Must be a data and fact-driven decision maker with the ability to drive market and customer analysis and synthesize key findings and strategic implications.
- Sees big picture trends and sets competitive strategies to win.
- Knowledgeable and highly experienced with marketing automation solutions, marketing analytics and campaign performance applications.
- Demonstrated ability to create world-class inbound programs to drive the funnel for sales.
- The ability to shape product marketing strategy with creative content creation talents.
- A combination of visionary, strategic and pragmatic skills, encompassing both strong strategic product marketing abilities and hands-on tactical involvement.
What We Value:
Humanity Over Everything
We care about humans. We know that people are more than just their job titles. We trust and believe in our people as the foundation of success, and we appreciate each other holistically - as human beings with many different viewpoints, aspirations, passions, and ways of approaching life.
Embrace Fun and Quirks
We take our jobs seriously, and we have fun while doing so. We celebrate our quirks and differences. We balance professionalism and strong work ethic with camaraderie and playfulness. We’ve been known to crack jokes in our team meetings, and we like it that way.
We believe in pride of ownership without ego. We have growth mindsets, and know that we can always learn, can always do better. We are delighted when our teammates succeed.
Strive for Excellence
We are all top performers who think like owners of the business. We hold the bar high, and follow through on our commitments. We collectively take accountability for our failures and successes. You won’t hear anyone say “that’s not my job”.
We encourage ourselves and others to ask questions and dig beyond face value. We respectfully challenge each other's ideas and work. We believe strong questions are the foundation of a strong business, from an interview process all the way through an exit interview.
We don’t shy away from big responsibility and challenges, and we aren't embarrassed by our mistakes because we know they are inevitable. We own our failures, learn from them, and continue to grow. We don’t make the same mistake twice.
Luma is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.