We believe that people are the most important part of a business and we are focused on enabling our clients to build the best businesses through recruiting the best people.
The majority of companies have not changed the ways they recruit for decades and are now out of date and out of touch. We are solving this and in doing so building great, forward thinking businesses.
Our team is mission-driven and scaling up. We value humanity (compassion, embracing fun and quirks, and staying humble) while striving for excellence (accountability, active learning, and ownership). Sound like you? Read on!
This individual will have a highly visible leadership role and will drive joint initiatives across teams. Initially, this position will be the sole Product Manager on the team, so we are looking for someone who can execute autonomously initially before building a world class team. As one of the first members of the team in a fast growing start-up your efforts will shape the future of the company and your career growth and opportunities will be dramatically accelerated.
Luma is looking for a Product Manager with a passion for building new things! We are currently hiring our team from the ground up, so this team will design and develop a game changing, industry-leading platform from scratch.
The Product Manager will work closely with designers, product management, engineering and the executive team to design an industry defining platform. You will be responsible for all aspects of the product including the product strategy, roadmap and feature definition.
What You Will Do:
- Be responsible for creating market leading products from scratch to build an industry defining platform
- Discover emerging trends and market opportunities in our domain.
- Leverage market opportunities and deep customer insight to drive design and feature development.
- Break down UX designs and product features into epics and user stories.
- Work with engineering teams to groom and maintain the product backlog.
- Collaborate with designers to build beautiful, elegant and usable interfaces from concept to final delivery.
- Define and drive the product roadmap.
- Build a world-class SaaS platform by scoping, prioritizing, roadmapping, and owning delivery of all product initiatives.
- Interact with customers, prospects, sales, and marketing.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and data scientists to build innovative products.
What We’re Looking For:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in product management.
- Proven track record delivering game changing products and features that customers love.
- Have either started your own business before, or wish to start your own business at some point in the future
- Power to influence peers / managers and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to function as a bridge across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing.
- Ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish.
- Experience defining technical requirements.
- A passion for building products that solve real-world problems.
- An ability to collaborate with others to build cutting edge software.
- A desire to be a key individual contributor on a growing team.
What We Value:
Humanity Over Everything
We care about humans. We know that people are more than just their job titles. We trust and believe in our people as the foundation of success, and we appreciate each other holistically - as human beings with many different viewpoints, aspirations, passions, and ways of approaching life.
Embrace Fun and Quirks
We take our jobs seriously, and we have fun while doing so. We celebrate our quirks and differences. We balance professionalism and strong work ethic with camaraderie and playfulness. We’ve been known to crack jokes in our team meetings, and we like it that way.
We believe in pride of ownership without ego. We have growth mindsets, and know that we can always learn, can always do better. We are delighted when our teammates succeed.
Strive for Excellence
We are all top performers who think like owners of the business. We hold the bar high, and follow through on our commitments. We collectively take accountability for our failures and successes. You won’t hear anyone say “that’s not my job”.
We encourage ourselves and others to ask questions and dig beyond face value. We respectfully challenge each other's ideas and work. We believe strong questions are the foundation of a strong business, from an interview process all the way through an exit interview.
We don’t shy away from big responsibility and challenges, and we aren't embarrassed by our mistakes because we know they are inevitable. We own our failures, learn from them, and continue to grow. We don’t make the same mistake twice.
Luma is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.