About Luma: We believe that people are the most important part of a business and we are focused on enabling our clients to build the best businesses through recruiting the best people.
The majority of companies have not changed the ways they recruit for decades and are now out of date and out of touch. We are solving this and in doing so building great, forward thinking businesses. Our team is mission-driven and scaling up. We value humanity (compassion, embracing fun and quirks, and staying humble) while striving for excellence (accountability, active learning, and ownership). Sound like you? Read on!
As one of the first members of the sales team in a fast growing start-up your efforts will shape the future of the company and your career growth and opportunities will be dramatically accelerated.
About this role: Luma is looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative to be the first point of contact and interaction with prospects. You will be engaging with HR leaders, hiring managers and leaders of recruitment and executive search firms about how to improve the hiring process. Ultimately, the SDR is responsible for presenting high-quality opportunities to the sales team, and you will own prospecting, lead qualification, and scheduling of initial meetings.
What You’ll Do:
- Prospecting: Responsible for owning prospecting activities (fielding inbound inquiries and performing outbound outreach) and for scheduling initial meetings / demos. You’ll identify qualified prospects, contact them (via email, phone, and/or social media), and manage activities in Luma’s CRM (currently HubSpot).
- Sales Support: You will work with the CEO in the demo-to-close and post-sales processes. This includes attending demos, learning how to position and promote Luma’s offerings, and helping sales with the demo-to-close process.
- Marketing Support: You will also work with marketing to perform market research in order to identify target prospects. In addition, you will help execute lead-generation campaigns and follow up on leads generated from those campaigns. As marketing activities generate inbound leads, you will help qualify those leads and deliver them to the sales team or enroll them in marketing-driven nurture campaigns, as appropriate.
- Process Improvement: We need leaders in every role, and we’ll need your help in improving the SDR process and role. You will help us identify new trends and opportunities for the SDR function to be highly effective and an integral part of the marketing and sales organization.
- Achievement and Accountability: You will help set and measure weekly, monthly, and quarterly activity targets and goals.
What You’ll Need:
- To be a self starter - someone who focuses on results and finds a way to get to the desired result in the best possible way
- 2+ years of experience in SaaS, ideally in a business development or other sales role.
- Ability to quickly learn technology and to speak with confidence about Luma.
- A knack for getting to the “right people” and creating relationships with decision-makers.
- Self-motivation: You’re the kind of person who sees an opportunity and tackles it head on!
- You love people, default to helping when you see an unmet need, and you have awesome communication skills.
- Resilience: Sales prospecting is challenging work, and you won’t win over every prospect. You need to have a resilient attitude and a willingness to treat every email, call, and day as a new opportunity to make a connection with someone Luma can help.
Humanity Over Everything
We care about people. We know that people are more than just their job title. We trust and believe in our people as the foundation of success.
Embrace Fun and Quirks
We take our jobs seriously and have fun while doing so. We celebrate our quirks and differences. We balance professionalism and a strong work ethic with camaraderie and playfulness.
We believe in pride of ownership without ego. We have growth mindsets and know that we can always learn and improve. We are delighted when our teammates succeed.
Strive for Excellence
We are all top performers who think like owners of the business. We hold the bar high, and follow through on our commitments. We take accountability for our failures and our successes.
We encourage ourselves and others to ask questions and dig beyond face value. We respectfully challenge each other's ideas and work. We believe substantial questions are the foundation of a strong business, from an interview process through an exit interview.
Celebrate Failure in Pursuit of Success
We aren't embarrassed by our failures - we communicate and learn from them to continue to grow.
Luma is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.