Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale.
Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
At Lucidworks, we are looking for Professional Services Directors who are intelligent, high energy, and passionate about delighting customers. You should be semi-technical: able to comprehend and explain technical concepts to a variety of stakeholders. You will be responsible for managing a regional practice and coordinating the implementation projects for our clients. Activities include team management, planning, and resourcing. Professional Services Directors at Lucidworks are also hands-on team members providing various services such as strategic customer guidance and business analysis.
The individual communicates effectively within and across organizations to accelerate changes necessary for achieving planned business goals. The Professional Services team includes project managers and search consultants.
- Recruit, develop, motivate, retain and reward a best-in-class professional services organization within territory
- Direct and manage staff productivity on customer engagements
- Manage financials and key metrics for their professional services territory
- Provide continuous feedback to consultants and perform annual appraisals
- Support growth of consultants to achieve their goals and objectives
- Support and implement vertical and corporate initiatives
- Manage Profit & Loss for their organization
- Support development of “pre-packaged” solutions offerings to provide value added customer services
- Coordinate with Lucidworks sales team for estimates and SOWs
- Manage customer requirements and expectations and ensure customer engagements success
- Maintain overall quality of all projects and programs within territory
- Provide high quality and timely services to create customer satisfaction
- Direct and manage professional services partners and subcontractors to support engagement
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in running and managing a professional services team
- Minimum 10 years’ experience consulting, project management, solution engineering, or related experience
- Exceptional skills in people management with the ability to lead collaboration across functions and organizations
- Enjoyment of fast-paced, hyper growth environments
- Confident navigating across industries and use cases
- Strong client management skills with executive-level communication experience
- Data-driven with a commitment to process improvement
- Strong reputation working with inter-disciplinary teams as being innovative, accountable, reliable, and able to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Exacting attention to professional services metrics (e.g., utilization, backlog, pipeline)
- Resourcefulness – willing to jump in, work with both opportunity and constraint, and leverage existing resources to accomplish goals
- Team player - confident collaborating with a diverse community of people and personalities across geographies, backgrounds, and professional abilities
- Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Empathy and care for all stakeholders of Lucidworks, including employees, executives, partners, and guests
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across all aspects of background, orientation, origin, identity, status, and category in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration without bias and based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.