Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale. Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
The Software Quality Engineering Manager is responsible for leading and developing our Quality Engineering Team. This will consist of a group of Quality Engineers embedded with the Engineering Teams and manual testers. It is expected that this role will take a data driven approach and leverage Quality Engineering and Automation practices to lead and drive the quality practices within the Team. This requires a desire to constantly learn and understand our products quality challenges, analyse customer configurations and develop solutions to appropriately test them. Strong testing skills coupled with good written and verbal communication skills and a willingness to dig in and figure things out a must.
This leader will collaborate with the Team and help us improve our quality engineering efforts as we evolve into a micro service and cloud ready architecture. Have a strong desire to use and advocate for good strong test engineering practices to ensure we build a quality product from the ground up. Passion for using software to solve real world customer challenges.
- Primary responsibility is managing the team that manually tests the Software Releases and the embedded Quality Engineering Resources that works on Test Automation
- Build and lead the Quality Engineers through hands-on development, mentoring and coaching
- Be a champion of data driven quality and operational excellence
- Have a learning mindset to focus on continually improving the testing and delivery
- of an Agile team with an emphasis on automation to shorten the test cycle
- Highly motivated by delivering quality and using testing best practices for new
- features and regression
- Focused on understanding customer use cases
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum 5 years in a Quality Engineering Role working with Software Releases and Test Automation
- 2+ years of experience leading a QA Team
- Experience testing Java and web Applications
- Demonstrated experience in testing tools and automation tooling including pytest, Jenkins, docker, AWS, terraform, Kubernetes, Windows 2012/2016, powershell, bash
- Experience writing and executing manual testing plans
- Experience automating positive and negative testing plans
- Enjoys working with and collaborating in a fast-paced agile environment of mostly remote engineers
- Self learner driven to focus and deliver high quality software
- Resourcefulness – willing to jump in, work with both opportunity and constraint, and leverage existing resources to accomplish goals
- Team player - confident collaborating with a diverse community of people and personalities across geographies, backgrounds, and professional abilities
- Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Empathy and care for all stakeholders of Lucidworks, including employees, executives, partners, and guests
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across all aspects of background, orientation, origin, identity, status, and category in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration without bias and based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.