Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale.
Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
As a Sales Operations Analyst, your primary function is to provide deal support services to the Sales Team in the creation, approval and execution of sales orders. You will also assist the Sales teams including Channel and Customer Success teams with CPQ, policy interpretation and enforcement, deal desk policy and process training, and documentation. The position reports into Sales Operations and works closely with Sales and Customer Success teams, Finance, and Legal in support of timely and accurate bookings of contracts.
We are looking for a highly motivated and independent individual who understands pricing from both sales and finance perspectives, is detail oriented in their thought process and proposals, and has 2-3 years of sales operations, order processing and data management experience. You must have the ability to multi-task, quickly pick up new concepts and projects while maintaining an upbeat and positive outlook in a fast-moving environment.
- Process new business and renewal contracts to ensure deals are in compliance within company sales policies and guidelines including:
- Sales Order review and approval for accuracy, deal structure, pricing
- Review contracts for commercial terms
- Liaise between Sales teams, Sales Management, Finance, and Legal
- Close opportunities in Salesforce and ensure opportunities are correctly updated reflecting the fully executed Order Form
- Support Sales teams with questions on deals, sales policies and guidelines, and pricing/discounting
- Integrate customer paper into contract lifecycle management system
- Work in collaboration with Finance for deal approvals, bookings reconciliation, and other end of quarter deal related activities
- Provide general support and respond to inquiries from the Sales Organization around bookings, sales activities, and reporting
- Identify and implement improvements, in systems, work processes and procedures to improve deal desk process
- Help to improve the pricing process, pricing models and standards that dictate how deals are managed by contributing to our quote to cash initiative streamlining our contract and pricing process
- Help with onboarding of new Sales and Customer Success personnel
- Help to track and document non-standard deals
- Complete monthly and quarterly analytics on the results of the business
- Ad-hoc Sales Operations projects
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Business, Accounting/Finance or Computer Science related track preferred
- 2+ years of related experience in Deal Desk, Sales Operations, Sales Finance and/or Revenue Accounting functions (must be familiar with booking policies, deal structure and sales processes).
- Salesforce user experience required; administration experience preferred
- Understanding of and experience with quote to cash processes and contract lifecycle management, preferably with Apttus
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment, highly self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, analytical with demonstrated problem solving and have sound business decision making skills in a fast growing/fast paced environment
- Able to operate with independent discretion and judgement with respect to policy adherence and understanding to facilitate exceptions
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness and ability to appropriately explain difficult issues; ability to think quickly
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Experience working with recurring revenue model preferred
- Experience with both Channel and a Direct Sales models is desirable
- Comfortable reading legal contractual language
- Comfortable working on a Mac and utilizing G Suite
- Must be able to work end of fiscal quarter
- Resourcefulness – willing to jump in, work with both opportunity and constraint, and leverage existing resources to accomplish goals
- Team player - confident collaborating with a diverse community of people and personalities across geographies, backgrounds, and professional abilities
- Empathy and care for all stakeholders of Lucidworks, including employees, executives, partners, and guests
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome talent across all aspects of background, orientation, origin, identity, status, and category in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration without bias and based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.