Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale.
Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
The Data Acquisition and Enrichment(DAE) Team is responsible for designing and delivering the data ingestion and enrichment components of our Fusion Product. As a Software Engineer on the DAE Team you will help build and maintain our robust integration framework. This requires a desire to constantly learn and understand integration challenges, troubleshoot customer issues and develop solutions to address them. Strong coding skills coupled with good written and verbal communication skills and a willingness to dig in and figure things out a must.
This Engineer will help us evolve our distributed Connectors Framework into a micro service and cloud ready architecture. Have a strong desire to use good strong engineering practices to ensure we build a quality product from the ground up. Passion for using software to solve real world customer challenges.
- Primary responsibility is to design, develop, test, document and maintain a robust integration framework
- Implement scalable security features
- Work on projects to continually grow and improve the current integration Offerings'
- Contribute to continually improve the process and delivery of an Agile team
- Work with other Engineers, Support and Customers to troubleshoot problems with current product.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum 3 years’ extensive coding experience
- Advanced Java experience and comfortable using multiple open source packages, Git, Docker, Gradle, Python and Jenkins
- Experience working in a complex and distributed system
- Experience with the challenges of Integration development
- Exceptional skills in troubleshooting and communication
- Enjoys working with and collaborating in a fast-paced agile environment of mostly remote engineers
- Confident navigating ETL System processes and data modeling
- Self learner driven to focus and deliver high quality software
- Experience with Google’s gRPC, Spring Framework, Kubernetes, Solr and/or Lucene, Common security standards(SAML, Kerberos LDAP, JWT, etc.) a plus
- Resourcefulness – willing to jump in, work with both opportunity and constraint, and leverage existing resources to accomplish goals
- Team player - confident collaborating
- Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Empathy and care for all stakeholders of Lucidworks, including employees, executives, partners, and guests
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome talent across all aspects of background, orientation, origin, identity, status, and category in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration without bias and based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.