Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale.
Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
We are looking for interns to work on building next generation search, analytics and machine learning technologies based on Apache Solr, Spark, Keras and other cutting-edge capabilities. This internship will be focused on working on data science problems in NLP such as text summary, NER using DL.
This position is based in Cambridge, UK. Lucidworks offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Analyze large scale data collected from industrial environments using machine learning algorithms, NLP techniques and parallel computing languages such as Spark
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the field by continuous learning and proactively champion promising new methods relevant to the problems at hand. Familiar with Keras and Pytorch
- Processing, cleansing and verifying integrity of data used for analysis. Feature engineering, building and evaluating models
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis and innovation around data visualization.
Required Experience and Skills
- Interest in working on data science problems involving structured and unstructured content.
- Relevant coursework in machine learning, statistics, linear algebra and mathematics.
- Experience with at least two of the computing languages including Python, R, Spark, Java, Lucene, Solr is a plus
- Eagerness to learn and to apply knowledge to real problems
- Working on a Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics degree (or related field or have demonstrable programming skills).
- Resourcefulness – willing to jump in, work with both opportunity and constraint, and leverage existing resources to accomplish goals
- Team player - confident collaborating with a diverse community of people and personalities across geographies, backgrounds, and professional abilities
- Strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Empathy and care for all stakeholders of Lucidworks, including employees, executives, partners, and guests
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome talent across all aspects of background, orientation, origin, identity, status, and category in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration without bias and based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.