Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale.
Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
Lucidworks is seeking a full-time Technical Writer to join its documentation team and contribute to the production of high-quality documentation for a technically skilled audience of developers, administrators, and data scientists. Lucidworks offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Research and write technical content for each product release
- Verify the accuracy of documentation with hands-on product testing
- Participate in planning for documentation and UX design
- Provide feedback to designers and developers on product usability
- Evaluate customer feedback and propose corresponding improvements
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the publishing platform
Required Experience and Skills
- A degree in a related field such as English, Technical Communications, Computer Science, or Data Science
- Experience working in the “docs as code” mode of content development
- Experience using markdown formatting, Unix command line interfaces, and source control tools
- Familiarity with general networking, database, and search technology concepts
- Ability to independently research, analyze, and write clearly about technical topics
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including remote team members
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and adapt to shifting priorities and deadlines
Desired Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with Jekyll, Asciidoctor, HTML, and CSS
- Familiarity with Apache Solr
- Familiarity with swagger
- Experience writing and testing API documentation
- Experience using Sketch to produce technical diagrams
- Experience using video production software
In addition, it is useful to have the ability to deal with a fast-paced environment, where needed work could potentially change from day to day. As part of a remote team, it is expected that the employee will make use of all remote working tools (such as Zoom and Slack) to facilitate “face to face” communication with their co-workers. This position will require some travel to San Francisco HQ (with sufficient notice).
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome talent across all aspects of background, orientation, origin, identity, status, and category in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration without bias and based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.