Cloud Operations Engineer
Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale.
Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
- Create tooling that will automate the delivery of resources to both internal and external customers.
- Provide guidance and support to our internal customers as they do customer-facing configuration.
- Focus on uptime and performance of our production clusters by making use of proactive monitoring and alerting.
- Participate in our on On-call support rotation of our 24/7 production resources. While on-call it is expected that they will respond to all alerts within our SLA and escalate as necessary.
Required Experience and Skills
- SaaS or PaaS operations
- Cloud providers - AWS or GCP preferred
- Monitoring infrastructure and applications
- Operating jvm-based applications
- Infrastructure Automation - Salt, Terraform, Python preferred
Desired Experience and Skills
- Search experience (fusion, solr, elastic, etc.)
- Large scale distributed system management
In addition, it is useful to have the ability to deal with a fast-paced environment, where needed work could potentially change from day to day. As part of a remote team, it is expected that the employee will make use of all remote working tools (such as Zoom and Slack) to facilitate “face to face” communication with their co-workers. This position will require some travel to San Francisco HQ (with sufficient notice).
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome talent across all aspects of background, orientation, origin, identity, status, and category in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration without bias and based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.