Location: San Francisco, CA
Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale.
Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
We’re searching for a dynamic manager for our rapidly growing globally based client-facing search team. In this role, you will help manage our North American search engineering team.
You will learn the full suite of Lucidworks’ software products (Fusion, Solr, AppStudio). You will be working on the front lines, providing technical expertise to our growing roster of Fortune 500 customers, while also ensuring that our support team members are providing white-glove client service and representing the Lucidworks brand in the best possible manner. You will be responsible for providing technical and professional mentorship while tracking KPIs for team members. This is a great role for a player-coach personality who has a passion for emerging technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that members of the support team are providing quality service that positively reflects the Lucidworks brand.
- Deliver expert-level support services to a wide range of customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Resolve complex search issues in and around Lucene/Solr and Lucidworks Fusion.
- Establish yourself as a credible, reliable, likable, genuine, and trustworthy technical support engineer to your customers.
- Reproduce product issues and open bugs to work in collaboration with our engineering team to provide timely solutions to our customers.
- Document case solutions into knowledge base articles that are later available to our clients in our Knowledge Center.
- Contribute to the open source community by donating needed bug fixes and improvements: answering message boards, documenting existing code, and blogging.
- Share our ‘on-call’ load with the rest of the technical support team.
Required Experience and Skills
- BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- 4-5 years of work experience required (8-10 years preferred).
- At least 2-3 years of experience directly managing individual contributors
- Experienced Java programmer.
- Familiarity with AngularJS a plus.
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers via different communications means (email, phone, etc).
- Preferred experience with Lucene/Solr or Big Data technologies or NoSQL databases.
- Exposure to other related open source projects (Mahout, Hadoop, Tika, etc.) a plus.
- Some experience with administrative/portal systems (Salesforce, Zendesk) preferred.
- Must be attentive to detail, punctual, and tenacious.
- Candidate should be curious, a natural problem solver, a great listener, and a great communicator.
- Startup Energy required: should be driven, resourceful, innovative, passionate, and self-motivated.
- Must have a Team Player mentality: friendly, helpful, engaging, dependable, company focused, and eager to collaborate.
- Should have confidence without attitude.
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome talent across all aspects of background, orientation, origin, identity, status, and category in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration without bias and based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.