Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale.
Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
Lucidworks has an opening for an enthusiastic individual to develop technical education content to help our customers, partners, and colleagues succeed in building search and data solutions using Fusion. As a Curriculum Developer/Trainer, you will develop and maintain technical learning content and curricula for developers, dev-ops engineers, architects, and data scientists. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, and professional services subject matter experts to understand product features and value. This position will also include delivering technical training to customers, partners, and colleagues.
You will be expected to learn complex technical information and work both collaboratively and independently to produce and deliver technical learning content. Successful candidates are strong in instructional design, can translate technical content into effective learning solutions, and are comfortable delivering training to a diverse set of learners. Candidates with technical background in areas like Search, Big Data, ML/AI, Programming, and Data Analysis are desired.
- Design and develop training curriculum and content for courses using both instructor-led and self-paced e-learning modalities
- Deliver technical training in classroom and virtual environments to customers, partners, and colleagues
- Engage with customers on defining custom training needs. Write SOWs to capture requirements
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with key subject matter experts to ensure accurate and complete materials
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and knowledge of Lucidworks products through engaging training delivery and informative training materials
Required Experience and Skills
- Must be a poised, confident and in-control communicator with experience leading classroom training
- Ability to command a classroom consisting of students from large enterprise companies as well as small and midsized businesses
- Must be a self-starter possessing excellent time management skills; able to manage multiple activities simultaneously with minimal oversight
- Minimum 3 years of instructional design and delivery in a technology capacity.
- Experience delivering customer training sessions both on-site and remote
- Background in developing technical training for both classroom and virtual classroom delivery
- Understanding of Cloud-based services, networking, Internet concepts, website design
- Understanding of how to build a certification program is a plus
- Experience creating recorded training using a tool such as Camtasia desired
- Experience in e-learning development (self-paced online training programs) desired
- Up to 15% travel required for customer on-site training
Desired Experience and Skills
- Familiarity with Apache Solr or a related Search technology a huge plus
- Experience with Unix command line interfaces, shell scripting
- Familiarity with general networking, database, and search technology concepts
- Familiarity with Machine-Learning, AI or Data-Science concepts is a plus
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark) is a plus
In addition, it is useful to have the ability to deal with a fast-paced environment, where needed work could potentially change from day to day. As part of a remote team, it is expected that the employee will make use of all remote working tools (such as Zoom and Slack) to facilitate “face to face” communication with their co-workers. This position will require some travel to San Francisco HQ (with sufficient notice).
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome talent across all aspects of background, orientation, origin, identity, status, and category in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration without bias and based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.