We’re searching for the next dynamic member of our global client-facing search team. In this role, you will learn the full suite of Lucidworks’ software products (Fusion, Solr, AppStudio). You will be working on the front lines, providing technical expertise to our growing roster of Fortune 500 customers. You will be the foremost technical agent for Lucidworks, representing to our clients daily our customer-centric culture and client servicing excellence, while providing our customers with technical solutions through our products for their production issues. This is a great role for an ambitious engineer, early in their career, with a passion for emerging technologies and who wants experience working with high profile customers.
Alums of our team have gone on to pursue graduate programs in computer science at top tier universities, joined the ranks of Apache Open Source Committers and moved into senior roles internally, including Professional Services and Product Management roles.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Provide expert-level support services to a wide range of customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
● Resolve complex search issues in and around the Lucene/Solr and Lucidworks Fusion.
● Establish yourself as a credible, reliable, likable, genuine, and trustworthy technical support engineer to your customers.
● Reproduce product issues and open bugs to work in collaboration with our engineering team to provide timely solutions to our customers.
● Document case solutions into knowledge based articles that are later available to our customer base in our knowledge center.
● Contribute bug fixes and improvements to the open source community, in addition to answering message boards, documenting existing code, and blogging.
● Share the ‘on-call’ load with the rest of the technical support team.
Required Experience and Skills
● BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
● 1-2 years of work experience.
● Experienced Java programmer.
● Ability to clearly communicate with customers via different communications means (email, phone etc).
● Preferred experience with Lucene/Solr or Big Data technologies or NoSQL databases.
● Exposure to other related open source projects (Mahout, Hadoop, Tika, etc.) a plus.
● Curious, natural problem solver, great listener, great communicator.
● Startup Energy: driven, resourceful, innovative, passionate, self-motivated.
● Team Player: friendly, helpful, engaging, dependable, company focused, eager to collaborate.
● Confidence without attitude.