Lucidworks is shaping the future of digital experiences, AI, and machine learning by reimagining the power and value of search to create all-new, human-centered experiences. We’re a Leader in Gartner’s 2018 Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, and we are obsessed with helping the world’s best enterprises deliver breakthrough experiences that transform business and increase user engagement. Our ambitious, empowered team is focused on helping our customers meet their loftiest goals. Fusion, our advanced development platform, gives these enterprises the capabilities to design, develop, and deploy intelligent search at any scale.
Our roots are in Solr, the global search standard used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies, and our team includes leading search and discovery contributors and committers as well as many of the world's foremost search and machine learning innovators. We’re serious about the impact of our products to catalyze results for our customers, and about building a team that delivers meaningful results across a growing worldwide community.
We’re searching for the next dynamic member of our global client-facing search team. In this role, you will learn the full suite of Lucidworks’ software products (Fusion, Solr, AppStudio). You will be working on the front lines, providing technical expertise to our growing roster of Fortune 500 customers. You will be the foremost technical agent for Lucidworks, representing to our clients daily our customer-centric culture and client servicing excellence, while providing our customers with technical solutions through our products for their production issues. This is a great role for an ambitious engineer, early in their career, with a passion for emerging technologies and who wants experience working with high profile customers.
Alums of our team have gone on to pursue graduate programs in computer science at top tier universities, joined the ranks of Apache Open Source Committers and moved into senior roles internally, including Professional Services and Product Management roles.
- Provide expert-level support services to a wide range of customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Resolve complex search issues in and around the Lucene/Solr and Lucidworks Fusion
- Establish yourself as a credible, reliable, likable, genuine, and trustworthy technical support engineer to your customers
- Reproduce product issues and open bugs to work in collaboration with our engineering team to provide timely solutions to our customers
- Document case solutions into knowledge based articles that are later available to our customer base in our knowledge center
- Contribute bug fixes and improvements to the open source community, in addition to answering message boards, documenting existing code, and blogging
- Share the ‘on-call’ load with the rest of the technical support team
Required Experience and Skills
- BS or higher in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Experienced Java programmer
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers via different communications means (email, phone etc)
- Preferred experience with Lucene/Solr or Big Data technologies or NoSQL databases
- Exposure to other related open source projects (Mahout, Hadoop, Tika, etc.) a plus
- Curious, natural problem solver, great listener, great communicator
- Startup Energy: driven, resourceful, innovative, passionate, self-motivated
- Team Player: friendly, helpful, engaging, dependable, company focused, eager to collaborate
- Confidence without attitude
Lucidworks believes in the power of diversity and inclusion to help us do our best work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome talent across all aspects of background, orientation, origin, identity, status, and category in an inclusive and non-discriminatory way. Applicants receive consideration without bias and based on the relevant talents, skills, and experiences they offer to our company. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to learning more about you.