Join a growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties. If you are looking to help establish modern development practices and to provide development guidance to other teams, then we want to speak with you.
Above all else, you are a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. This role spans leadership and planning, you will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
About LoveToKnow Media:
LoveToKnow Media’s five distinct brands share a mission to make the world smarter. Unique in their content yet unified in their purpose, LoveToKnow, YourDictionary, WordFinder, GolfLink, and Bibliography.com compel expansive and engaged audiences of consumers who seek specialized subject matters.
Spanning 14 time zones, we cultivate exceptional talent from around the world. A global perspective is what fuels our success and ability to be one of the largest and most well-rounded digital media portfolios. As an international community, we work collaboratively across continents and cultures to create informative content that truly makes the world smarter. Our flexible approach emboldens our employees to work in the environments that play to their strengths.
Why you want this job:
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Hybrid work environment
- LoveToKnow Media brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow Media operates several digital products. Your work and input will be integral to their growth.
- Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
- We have a flat organizational structure, and you will work directly with the Product Managers under the Engineering Manager’s supervision.
- You will be part of a superb, international senior team of professionals.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- Private medical insurance covered by the company.
- We give you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks.
- Technical training /meetups covered by the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Collaborate with other developers and QAs across several different projects and products, utilizing a wide variety of technologies.
- Coordinate with our product, graphic design, SEO, data and content teams to understand requirements.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
What you will need to be successful:
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Extensive experience working with AWS, Google Cloud and Terraform.
- Experience with NodeJS, Vue.js and Nuxt.js.
- Understanding of Microservices Architecture and Serverless Technology.
- Interest in learning new technologies.
- Familiar with data modeling and database design.
- 5+ years engineering web sites and services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is a plus.