Senior Commerce Editor / Editorial Director, Commerce
LoveToKnow Media is seeking a Senior Commerce Editor to join our growing Commerce team. This critical role will be responsible for owning, defining, and expanding the ecosystem of commerce editorial at LoveToKnow.com, and across LoveToKnow Media’s suite of properties. The Senior Commerce Editor will work closely with the VP Commerce, existing Commerce Editors, and the GM of LoveToKnow.com, with a particular focus on growing LoveToKnow.com’s own commerce vertical.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 7 years experience in commerce editorial, and experience building editorial teams, developing and retaining an audience, and scaling commerce editorial properties. This is an excellent chance for the right candidate to help build a new commerce vertical within an established publisher. You’ll need an entrepreneurial mindset, a strategic understanding of the positioning of publishers within the commerce ecosystem, and a vision for where LoveToKnow sits within that space.
- Working closely with VP Commerce and LoveToKnow.com’s GM to help grow a commerce property within LoveToKnow.com
- Lead commerce editorial strategies across our verticals and properties, including social-first, trending, and organic content.
- Manage and mentor existing Commerce Editors, and grow freelance teams
- Help guide product evolution on LoveToKnow, working closely with LoveToKnow.com GM to integrate commerce in the wider editorial landscape.
- Develop and implement strategies for continual audience development and retention, including newsletters, recirculation, and more.
- Proven experience building and scaling commerce editorial teams, and managing and mentoring editors and writers.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset: you’re strategic in your editorial approach, understanding the unique opportunities (and limitations) of each publisher in the commerce space.
- Demonstrated success developing and retaining audiences.
- Extreme familiarity with all major affiliate networks, and relationships with the larger brands in the space.
- Inherent expertise with all commerce KPIs, and the demonstrated ability to translate data into tangible improvements.
- Proven success with audience development, acquisition, and retention. You know content is only as good as the audience it can attract, and you’re constantly finding new ways to attract and retain that audience.
- 100% Remote, Work from Home Company
- 100% Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision for employee
- Employee contribution to available Life, STD, LTD coverage
- Retirement plan with 3% Company match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Laptop Reimbursement
- Premium membership to Headspace app, to align with our Work/Life Balance Mantra!
About LoveToKnow Media:
At LoveToKnow Media, we believe the good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Our distinct brands share a mission to make the world smarter. Unique in their content yet unified in their purpose, LoveToKnow, YourDictionary, WordFinder, GolfLink, and Bibliography.com compel expansive and engaged audiences of consumers who seek specialized subject matters. Spanning 14 time zones, we cultivate exceptional talent from around the world. A global perspective is what fuels our success and ability to be one of the largest and most well-rounded digital media portfolios in the world. As one global community, we work collaboratively across continents and cultures to create informative content that truly makes the world smarter. Our flexible approach emboldens our employees to work in the environments that play to their strengths, including fully remote roles and flexible in-person roles in the heart of Barcelona.