HR Specialist, US
At LoveToKnow Media, we believe the good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
Our five distinct brands share a mission to make the world smarter. Unique in their content yet unified in their purpose, LoveToKnow, YourDictionary, WordFinder, GolfLink, and Bibliography.com compel expansive and engaged audiences of consumers who seek specialized subject matters.
Spanning 14 time zones, we cultivate exceptional talent from around the world. A global perspective is what fuels our success and ability to be one of the largest and most well-rounded digital media portfolios in the world. As one global community, we work collaboratively across continents and cultures to create informative content that truly makes the world smarter. Our flexible approach emboldens our employees to work in the environments that play to their strengths, including fully remote roles and flexible in-person roles in the heart of Barcelona.
About the Role
We need a strong Human Resources Specialist to support our US and Canada divisions. This candidate will have excellent experience in both HR Generalist and Talent Acquisition capacities. The HR Specialist will report to the VP of HR and collaborate frequently with HR colleagues in Spain. This candidate will make an important contribution toward our rapid growth on a global scale.
This is a 100% remote, full-time, permanent position.
- Assist VP of HR with various HR projects
- Full-cycle Recruiting - sourcing, interviewing, scheduling, offer negotiation and onboarding.
- Manage Independent Contractor agreements
- Legal research on various employment issues
- Communicate and coordinate employee parental and sick leaves, PTO
- Strong ability to understand various federal and state wage and hour laws
- Manage recruiting for several open positions at once using Greenhouse ATS
- Manage various job posting sites and expense reporting system
- Manage US benefits open enrollment
- Availability to answer questions from job candidates and employees
- Create and send email blasts and employee surveys
- Assist team with annual review/feedback process using CultureAmp
- Organize required employee trainings
- Vendor research, contact and negotiation
- Coordinate employee events
- Participate in regular HR team meetings
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in Human Resources and Recruiting
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong business acumen with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to tackle a variety of administrative tasks
- Able to properly handle sensitive and confidential information
- Familiarity with Benefits Administration and Employment Law
- Strong technology skills, ability to quickly learn new software especially ATS, HRIS
- Aptitude for conducting research, pulling reports and analyzing data
- Strong ability to adapt to change with shifting priorities
- Team oriented, positive and energetic demeanor
Great to Have
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification
- Expert skills in TriNet, Greenhouse ATS, BambooHR, Slack, GSuite
- Ability to align work schedule to US Eastern Time Zone
- Experience working with both US and International Teams
- 100% Remote, Work from Home Company
- 100% Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision for employee
- Employee contribution to available Life, STD, LTD coverage
- Retirement plan with 3% Company match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Laptop Reimbursement
- Premium membership to Headspace app, to align with our Work/Life Balance Mantra!
We look forward to hearing from you!