LoveToKnow Media is seeking a Commerce Editor to join our growing Commerce team. This critical role will be responsible for implementing our content strategy, including writing and updating content, assigning and editing content from our network of commerce writers, running the editorial calendar, and managing performance tracking and data collection. The Commerce Editor will collaborate with the VP of Commerce, Director of Growth, and GM of LoveToKnow.com to continuously develop, test, and implement content strategy across our acquisition channels.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years as a commerce writer and editor at a digital publisher, with a deep understanding of the ever-expanding product recommendation and commerce space. You’re as thrilled by sky-high conversion rates as you are by beautifully crafted prose, and you’re at home utilizing data and reporting tools to continuously improve content performance.
- Managing and growing a team of commerce writers, often with specific backgrounds and expertise.
- Assigning, editing and publishing incoming commerce content, ensuring brand voice and compliance.
- Writing and updating commerce content, ensuring content aligns with LoveToKnow’s voice.
- Working closely with VP of Commerce and SEO/Growth teams to identify areas of opportunity for commerce content.
- Collaborating with Executive and Managing Editors to support content initiatives across our content channels.
- Helping to manage and grow affiliate partnerships.
- Implementing content strategy surrounding tentpole events: Cyber Weekend, Prime Day, etc.
- Working with data & analytics teams to continuously improve content, maximizing reader value and conversion.
- Keeping atop of industry trends, best practices, and partnerships.
- A writer and editor with 3+ years experience in commerce with a digital media publisher.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize performance data to inform and improve content creation and strategy.
- Passionate about the commerce space: you enjoy bringing valuable content to readers, you’re up-to-speed on the latest commerce trends, partners, and publishers.
- Deep understanding of commerce publishing KPIs.
- Comfortable working with affiliate partners: Amazon Associates, Skimlinks, Rakuten, etc.
- Experienced with SEO tools (Ahrefs, SEMRush), and Google Analytics.
Qualifications & Skills:
- At least 7 years of professional editorial experience
- A strong portfolio of published content
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and management skills
- Flexibility to tackle a variety of different article types and feature initiatives
- Deep understanding of branded content and how editorial can work to help achieve revenue goals
- Experience creating social media content
- Experience creating video content a bonus
- 100% Remote, Work from Home Company
- 100% Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision for employee
- Employee contribution to available Life, STD, LTD coverage
- Retirement plan with 3% Company match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Laptop Reimbursement
- Premium membership to Headspace app, to align with our Work/Life Balance Mantra!
About LoveToKnow Media:
At LoveToKnow Media, we believe the good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Our distinct brands share a mission to make the world smarter. Unique in their content yet unified in their purpose, LoveToKnow, YourDictionary, WordFinder, GolfLink, and Bibliography.com compel expansive and engaged audiences of consumers who seek specialized subject matters. Spanning 14 time zones, we cultivate exceptional talent from around the world. A global perspective is what fuels our success and ability to be one of the largest and most well-rounded digital media portfolios in the world. As one global community, we work collaboratively across continents and cultures to create informative content that truly makes the world smarter. Our flexible approach emboldens our employees to work in the environments that play to their strengths, including fully remote roles and flexible in-person roles in the heart of Barcelona.