Senior Data Engineer
Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month. If you are looking to help establish modern data engineering practices and to provide data engineering guidance to other teams, then we want to speak with you.
As Senior Data Engineer, you will provide high quality foundational data sets for the entire company, and for facilitating the correct use of that data. As one of the early data roles at LoveToKnow Media, you'll make an enormous impact on our growing data engineering and analytics efforts, you will report to the Engineering Manager.
At this moment we’re only able to accept people holding EU citizenship or EU Blue Card for Spain as we do NOT provide visa sponsorships. If you’re not in Barcelona at the moment, your position will be remote at your location up until 2-3 months after signing the contract.
Why you want this job
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Hybrid attendance model.
- LoveToKnow brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow operates several of our own websites. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
- Your work will be a high impact and high visibility.
- We have a flat organizational structure and you will work directly with the product managers under the regional manager’s supervision.
- You will be part of a superb, international senior team of professionals.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow gives you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen, etc.
- Technical training/meetups covered by the company.
- Wellness app Headspace account sponsored by the company.
What you will do:
- Define the strategy for how LoveToKnow Media approaches Data Engineering, working cross functionally to ensure key stakeholders, business and product requirements are aligned.
- Build and own our data warehouses and pipelines that convert raw data into functional data sets that enable decision making, measurements, and analysis.
- Work collaboratively on projects involving data collection and processing pipelines across the entire stack, from client-side analytics instrumentation to ETL.
- Proactively look for ways to optimize data performance and reliability at LoveToKnow Media
- Work with engineering and analytics leaders to define best-practices, translate company objectives into technical solutions, and document and communicate data collection to stakeholders.
What you will need to be successful
- 7+ years of experience in a data-focused role, working on projects related to data architecture, data modeling, or data management.
- 3+ years of experience using SQL for analytics, working with relational databases and/or distributed systems such as BigQuery or Hive.
- 3+ years of experience in building and optimizing data pipelines in languages including, but not limited to Python
- Experience working with cloud ecosystems (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Familiarity with data visualization and analysis tools (Tableau, Data Studio, Looker, etc)
- Deep knowledge of industry best practices in data and analytics
- Project management skills and proficiency with tools like Jira
- Data consolidation
About LoveToKnow Media:
At LoveToKnow Media, we believe the good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
Our five distinct brands share a mission to make the world smarter. Unique in their content yet unified in their purpose, LoveToKnow, YourDictionary, WordFinder, GolfLink, and Bibliography.com compel expansive and engaged audiences of consumers who seek specialized subject matters.
Spanning 14 time zones, we cultivate exceptional talent from around the world. A global perspective is what fuels our success and ability to be one of the largest and most well-rounded digital media portfolios in the world. As one global community, we work collaboratively across continents and cultures to create informative content that truly makes the world smarter. Our flexible approach emboldens our employees to work in the environments that play to their strengths, including fully remote roles and flexible in-person roles in the heart of Barcelona.