Editor in Chief, YourDictionary
LoveToKnow Media is seeking an experienced Editor in Chief who will play a critical role in the editorial evolution of YourDictionary.com. The core goals of this position will include increasing traffic, ensuring content quality and accuracy, managing the editorial team and the editorial process as well as defining new opportunities to enhance the reader experience. You must possess a unique blend of strong editing skills, management experience and a sense of what it takes to be successful with an internet reference site.
- Setting the editorial vision to position the brand for success as a leader in digital reference content.
- Managing the entire editorial staff: writers, editors, and image team.
- Identifying the core audience and ensuring that topics and content meet their needs.
- Ensure a healthy flow of new and revised content.
- Oversee the recruitment process of new writers, editors and image specialists.
- Work with the General Manager to ensure an excellent experience for both the editorial team and the reader.
- Troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions.
- Develop and maintain an editorial roadmap for the site ensuring all content meets these goals.
- Communicating with upper management and across all teams to coordinate resources and goals.
- Strategizing topic and content ideas for overall reader engagement and traffic acquisition.
- Generate new topics and review existing content for possible fixing.
- Maintain an editorial calendar.
- Review published content for quality.
- Collaborate on the social media process.
- Ensure the editorial team is meeting standards.
- Hold regular editor and writer meetings.
- Distribute information to the YourDictionary editorial team.
- Review and approve contractor and employee invoices.
- Manage and review reader interaction, i.e. comments, emails, etc.
- Review possible new writers and manage their recruitment.
- Respond to communications from the editorial team, and other related departments (engineering, advertising, product management, etc.) working to answer questions and resolve issues quickly and timely.
- 100% Remote, Work from Home Company
- 100% Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision for employee
- Employee contribution to available Life, STD, LTD coverage
- Retirement plan with 3% Company match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Laptop Reimbursement
- Premium membership to Headspace app, to align with our Work/Life Balance Mantra!
About LoveToKnow Media:
LoveToKnow Media’s websites comprise one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30 million unique users and across 100 million page views. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies, and has invested in over 50 early-stage start-ups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), and HotelTonight. Howard Love is a frequent speaker, and recently published his debut bestselling book ‘The Start-Up J Curve.’