Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager
The SEO Manager is responsible for leading the development, planning, and implementation of SEO strategies for one or more of LoveToKnows owned web properties. This position will work closely with cross disciplinary team members including general managers, editors, designers, engineers, and data analysts.
The SEO Manager reports to the Director of Growth Strategy and is based remotely.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Discover, organize, and communicate short and long term SEO initiatives and opportunities to grow organic traffic and revenue.
- Own the ‘scoreboard’ for SEO. Regularly report to key stakeholders on KPIs and top line progress.
- Mentor and direct a team of SEO analysts as the team scales with property growth.
- Consistently test new hypotheses and iterate to grow traffic and build our internal knowledge base.
- Work with our editorial teams to strategically improve and grow our library of content.
- Work to keep our properties technically optimized for users and performance. Including information architecture, schema management, page speed, and other elements of crawling and indexing performance.
- Advise and consult with design and UX teams on SEO implications of template & design updates.
- Advise and consult with engineering teams on implementation and Q/A of SEO specific items.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3 - 7 years experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Experience with SEO tools such as SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Moz, etc.
- Experience with Google Sheets and Excel.
- Ability to set goals and prioritize between a multitude of tasks.
- Articulate writer and speaker comfortable presenting to key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze and report on large data sets.
- Familiarity with large websites (50,000+ indexed pages) is a positive.
- Experience with content or media based websites is a positive as well.
- Strong business sense with the ability to convey how specific SEO recommendations and tasks tie back to larger business and revenue goals.
- 100% Remote, Work from Home Company
- 100% Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision for employee
- Employee contribution to available Life, STD, LTD coverage
- Retirement plan with 3% Company match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Laptop Reimbursement
- Premium membership to Headspace app, to align with our Work/Life Balance Mantra!
LoveToKnowMedia’s websites comprise one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30 million unique users and across 100 million page views. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies, and has invested in over 50 early-stage start-ups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), and HotelTonight. Howard Love is a frequent speaker, and recently published his debut bestselling book ‘The Start-Up J Curve.’ Learn more about LoveToKnow at www.lovetoknowmedia.com.