Location: Remote (USA), 8-5 hours in EST
- Work Remote
- Flexible Hours
- Health Plan
- 401K Match
- Learning Allowance
Our mission: At LoveToKnow Media, we’re focused on making the world smarter.
Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 45-million unique users and across 200-million page views. LoveToKnow is a remote-first company, founded in the US with growing teams in Barcelona, Spain, and India.
Why this role exists: As Vice President of Finance, you will report to the CEO and oversee our global finance operations. You'll be responsible for all financial stewardship within the organization (accounting, financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, P&L responsibility, cash flow, compensation modeling, sales quotas, analysis, etc.). You will be the first senior finance hire and so over time, you will help build a team of financial professionals.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Developing and coordinating all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversee bookkeeping.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Building an accounting department as the company grows.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- 7-10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Experience working in a growing startup environment is strongly preferred.
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to at least $40 million in annual revenues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience in the media, publishing, or software business preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Highly Intelligent: bright, insightful, intellectually curious, self-learner
- Resourceful performer who gets things done but isn’t afraid to voice opinion/insight
- Ability to collaborate and align with colleagues in a 100% remote work environment
- Consistent ability to communicate effectively with others and lead without ego
- Competitive and loves to win
About LoveToKnow Media:
LoveToKnow Media’s websites comprise one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 45-million unique users and more than 100-million page views. LoveToKnow is a virtual remote work company in the US and employees telecommute in a flexible working environment. We are US-based, but also have offices in Barcelona, Spain and India. Learn more at www.lovetoknowmedia.com.
CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies and has invested in over 60 early-stage startups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), FlexJobs, and HotelTonight (acquired by Airbnb). Howard is a frequent speaker and has published the bestselling book on startups, ‘The Start-Up J Curve'. Learn more at www.howardlove.com.