WordFinder by YourDictionary is part of the LoveToKnow Media family of web properties. We offer a valuable resource for word game fans to elevate their game and sharpen their competitive edge. We are currently looking for a part-time staff writer with exceptional content writing experience to join our growing team.
This is a part-time, remote employee position offering 20 hours per week. While there is flexibility in scheduling, employees are expected to attend regular meetings via online video conferencing. Writers are expected to create high quality content that addresses readers’ needs and adheres to LoveToKnow Media guidelines.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong portfolio of published web content using an authoritative yet approachable tone. You have an interest in both language and gaming, and you know how to have fun with both. We are looking for someone with a solid writing background and who is willing to tackle a variety of subjects and projects.
- Research and write consistently high quality content that address the needs and queries of our readers
- Ensure that all articles are written in a manner consistent with LoveToKnow Media guidelines and practices
- Ensure all articles are properly formatted and sourced, and be “ready to publish” in your eyes before submitting
- Be prepared to take on additional content-related duties and projects, both for the web and the WordFinder mobile app
- Keep an accurate record of time worked for payroll
- Communicate regularly with team members
- Revise and re-submit articles as requested by editors
- Work within system-generated deadlines to ensure timeliness
- Provide feedback, ideas and suggestions for WordFinder and other LoveToKnow Media properties
- Attend regular, scheduled meetings via video conference
- Adhere to all LoveToKnow Media policies and procedures
- A strong portfolio of published web content
- Minimum of one year professional writing experience
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Familiarity with writing for the web audience, including consideration for search engine optimization (SEO) and outreach
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Associated Press (AP) style
- Familiarity with a variety of online, offline and mobile word games preferable
- Professional social media experience a plus
- Ability to keep an accurate time sheet
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to tackle a variety of different article and content types
LoveToKnow Media’s websites comprise one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30 million unique users and across 100 million page views. LoveToKnow is a virtual remote work company in the US and employees telecommute in a flexible working environment. We are US-based, but also have offices in Barcelona, Spain and in India. Learn more at www.lovetoknowmedia.com.