LoveToKnow Media is a fast-growing digital media company with a diverse family of websites, such as YourDictionary.com, a best-in-class dictionary, grammar and reference site. We are currently looking for a staff writer to join our editorial content team.
We are looking for a talented writer with solid experience and knowledge of grammar, literacy, and education. This writer will create accessible, informative content covering a wide range of English language, grammar and education topics for learners of all ages. If you can tell an aphorism from an arthropod, and explain them in clear, simple terms, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
This is a full-time telecommuting position. Writers create high-quality content that addresses our readers’ needs and adheres to company guidelines.
The ideal YourDictionary staff writer has a love of (and experience writing about) English grammar and language arts, with a strong background in education. Familiarity with the sciences or social sciences would be beneficial.
As a remote Staff Writer, you will:
- Write articles on grammar, examples, education and more
- Fix old content, such as updating or rewriting existing articles
- Ensure that all articles are written in a timely manner consistent with company guidelines
- Communicate with the rest of the editorial team as needed
- Attend regular (virtual) meetings
- Provide feedback, ideas and suggestions on LoveToKnow Media properties
- Allot time for working on personal authority/branding
- Minimum of one-year’s professional web-content writing experience
- Familiarity with SEO and the best practices for writing for a web audience
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to follow style guides, brand guidelines, and voice standards
- Self-motivated, with excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Flexibility to tackle a variety of article topics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Education or a related field
- Experience using a content management system (CMS)
Great to Have:
- Master’s degree in English, Education or a related field
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Associated Press (AP) style
- Experience teaching at a secondary grade level or above
LoveToKnow Media’s websites comprise one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30-million unique users and across 100-million page views. LoveToKnow is a virtual remote work company in the US and employees telecommute in a flexible working environment. We are US based, but also have offices in Barcelona, Spain and India. Learn more at www.lovetoknowmedia.com. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies and has invested in over 60 early-stage startups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), FlexJobs, and HotelTonight (acquired by Airbnb). Howard is a frequent speaker and has published a bestselling book on startups called ‘The Start-Up J Curve' Learn more at www.howardlove.com.