The SEO Specialist is responsible for monitoring and implementing SEO strategies for LoveToKnow Media. The ideal SEO Specialist will have a strong understanding of search engine optimization, both content with some technical, to support initiatives aimed to improve organic performance and effectively engage web users and highly fluent in English language. This position reports to the Chief Content Officer .
At this moment we’re only able to accept people holding EU citizenship or EU Blue Card for Spain as we do NOT provide visa sponsorships. If you’re not in Barcelona at the moment, your position will be remote at your location up until 2-3 months after signing the contract.
Why you want this job:
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Remote/in-office work to be chosen from.
- LoveToKnow Media brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow Media operates several digital products. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
- Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
- We have a flat organizational structure, and you will work directly with the product managers under the regional manager’s supervision.
- You will be part of a superb, international senior team of professionals.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- We give you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen, etc.
- Technical training /meetups covered by the company.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and execute on site content improvements to enhance SEO and user experience goals
- Perform keyword research to identify opportunities to optimize web content
- Evaluate and monitor on site technical improvements and Google Search Console technical error reporting
- Design, evaluate and monitor SEO-based tests
- Analyze keywords and SEO techniques used by competitors
- Create reports that show progress for key SEO metrics
- Guide the editorial and tech departments with various SEO improvement suggestions
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Passion for SEO and internet marketing
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Prior experience in web user acquisition, content growth and SEO
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization practices
- Ability to think creatively and collaborate with the team on ideas
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient in the English language - (C1-C2 or Native level)
- Proven success working in a variety of website channels, projects, and lifestyle topics
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Proficient with popular keyword tools (AHREFS, SEMrush, SEOMonitor, etc)
LoveToKnowMedia’s websites comprise one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30 million unique users and across 100 million page views. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies, and has invested in over 50 early-stage start-ups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), and HotelTonight. Howard Love is a frequent speaker, and recently published his debut bestselling book ‘The Start-Up J Curve.’ Learn more about LoveToKnow at www.lovetoknowmedia.com.