Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 50M users per month. If you are looking to help establish modern development practices and to provide backend development guidance to other teams, then we want to speak with you.
Above all else, you are a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. This role spans leadership and planning, you will report directly to the Product Manager.
At this moment we’re only able to accept people holding EU citizenship or EU Blue Card for Spain as we do NOT provide visa sponsorships. If you’re not in Barcelona at the moment, your position will be remote at your location up until 2-3 months after signing the contract.
Why you want this job:
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Remote/in-office work to be chosen from.
- LoveToKnow Media brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
- LoveToKnow Media operates several digital products. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
- Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
- We have a flat organizational structure, and you will work directly with the product managers under the regional manager’s supervision.
- You will be part of a superb, international senior team of professionals.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- We give you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen, etc.
- Technical training /meetups covered by the company.
About the Role:
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Mature the site's development practices and processes to include automated unit, integration, and acceptance testing; automated builds and deploys; continuous integration; and other tools/processes you deem appropriate.
- Collaborate with other developers working on this site and other projects utilizing a wide variety of technologies.
- Coordinate with our product, design, data, revenue, and content teams to understand requirements.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
What you will need to be successful:
- Experience with Craft CMS 3.4, Codeception, and GitHub Actions/Workflow a plus.(nice to have).
- Fluent in multiple programming languages (preferably Node.js and PHP) and interest in learning new technologies.
- Proficiency with PHP 7, Composer, AWS, Docker, and Terraform is highly valued.
- Strong background in automating software testing, delivery, and infrastructure changes.
- Familiar with data modeling and database design.
- 5+ years engineering web sites and services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or experience on the field.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.