Loon is on a mission to connect people everywhere by inventing and integrating audacious technology. A network of balloons traveling on the edge of space, Loon combines advancements in materials science, atmospheric modeling, machine learning, and communications systems to expand connectivity to unserved and underserved areas around the world. Loon is one of the newest independent companies within Alphabet.
As part of the Government, Regulatory and Legal team (the “Team”), you will help set the direction, design processes, and execute on the goals that will enable Loon’s progress in connecting people everywhere by inventing and integrating audacious technologies. As Program and Strategy Manager, your mission is to integrate thinking and action across the Team and Loon to support planning, execution and success.
- Strategic Planning: Articulate and assist with the development and documentation of regulatory, government and market-entry strategies on a world-wide basis
- Deal Execution: Manage and document deliverables and team goals and priorities for small number of highly strategic and complex legal transactions
- Progress Tracking: Own the process to prioritize Team initiatives across Loon, with objective progress tracking and clear communication of goals, roadmaps, resources and blockers both internally and externally to the Team
- Process / Team Design: Architect cross-functional interfaces across the Team and other parts of Loon to ensure the Team executes in goals effectively and scales to achieve ambitious business goals
- Cultivate Culture: Enable an inclusive, diverse, and values-driven culture by creating the tools and experiences to foster an appropriately open and candid dialogue around strategy, execution and accountability
- Government and Regulatory: Articulate and assist with the development of policy positions, and manage engagements with government entities, regulators, and policy makers and NGOs across areas such as telecommunications, aviation and other areas as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 5+ years of work experience, 3+ years of product management/ program management or operations/ investment strategy & operations
- Demonstrated success operating in a fast-paced, ambiguous, start-up-like environment such as tech, economic development, consulting or similar with minimal hands-on oversight
- Proven experience on successful, multi-million dollar, highly complex technical deals in emerging markets within a multi-billion organization
- Proven track record of partnering effectively on cross-functional teams
- 10 years experience and proven accomplishments in Strategy, Operations, Consulting, Product Management focused on governments, regulatory or legal or similar within technically complex environment
- Demonstrated experience with complex governments or regulatory environments
- Experience growing an organization’s capabilities necessary for program development and deployment with a governmental and/or legal focus, including Work experience in multiple cultural contexts, ideally emerging markets in Africa, Latin America and South East Asia