Logos is a movement supporting the development of the decentralised web. Logos technologies lay the foundations for a freer internet upon which communities can evolve into network states. Each protocol in the Logos stack seeks to empower its users while upholding civil liberties and fundamental freedoms.
We are building Waku as a public good infrastructure. Waku is uncompromising Web3 communication at scale. It is a decentralized, censorship-resistant, privacy-preserving communication network that enables anyone to send and receive messages without worrying about surveillance or deplatforming.
We are enabling Ethereum builders to create new projects with a fully decentralized architecture, think dApp to Wallet notifications, NFT marketplaces, censorship-resistant chat, layer-2 and more.
Waku enables a variety of complex use cases and applications. To facilitate the adoption of Waku, you will design and implement application protocols to provide to dapp developers as off-the-shelf SDKs.
- Design and implement network simulation tools and solutions to validate the functionality and performance of distributed systems.
- Run, analyze, and report on small-scale simulations to test the behavior of a specific protocol change or software implementation, or to simulate a type of attack on the Waku clients.
- Own, maintain and improve the waku-simulator framework to enable running local simulations of the Waku network.
- Work closely with Waku engineers and researchers to help design and analyze simulations needed to validate assumptions.
- Assist engineers by conducting ad-hoc regression testing, reproducing bugs, and testing bug fixes.
- Be the point of contact within the Waku team for the the Vac/DST (Distributed System Test) Team who is in charge of large scale simulations and QA activities.
- Pre-empt and plan small scale simulations to study the behaviour of Waku clients, identify potential bottlenecks and performance optimization, then handover to DST for large scale simulation to confirm findings.
- Foresee, and help plan and execute any other testing activities that helps ensure the production readiness of Waku, including secure scaling.
- Help provide visibility on testing and simulation output, to ensure that the wider Waku ecosystem is informed of the expected performance of the Waku protocol and software.
You ideally will have:
- A passion for blockchain technology, privacy-preserving technology and decentralization.
- Solid experience with scripting languages (Python, Shell) and a systems language like Rust, C++, Nim, Go.
- Strong foundation in networks and system programming.
- Working knowledge of Docker and POSIX-like systems.
- Algorithm design skills.
- Have a strong alignment to our principles: https://status.app/manifesto
- Call with Talent.
- Interview with Waku Research team member or lead.
- Take home task (paid).
- Interview with another Waku Research team member or Lead to present home task and discuss further.
- Interview with Waku lead.
We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.