Why we do what we do:
Logikcull’s mission is to democratize discovery. And make no mistake, our mission is hard! The costs and risks associated with complex data projects like e-discovery, responding to FOIA requests, and conducting internal investigations are skyrocketing as the amount of data increases. Logikcull is transforming these processes so they can be done in minutes, not days -- by anyone, anywhere. As a result, our customers -- solo attorneys to massive law firms, Fortune 500 companies to leading non-profits -- can find and use important information quickly so they can focus on their important work, whether it’s pursuing a better democracy or saving the Earth.
Who we are:
Based in San Francisco, Logikcull is the leading provider of discovery automation. Its secure cloud-based platform is trusted by hundreds of organizations, including the US Government, Fortune 500 and Am Law 200, who use it to efficiently solve the complex data challenges associated with electronic discovery, internal investigations, subpoena response, FOIA, claims processing and more.
Our current stack includes: Rails, Backbone + Marionette, MySQL, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch, all running in AWS.
- You will take ownership within our codebase, writing, maintaining clean, modular code.
- You are able to take a design/proposal and carry it through to a thoughtful and polished end result with good test coverage.
- You will support our amazing Customer Success team in helping diagnose/explain user-reported bugs and fix existing bugs.
- You will review code written by other engineers and provide useful and honest feedback.
- You will help with architecting solutions to scale our proprietary data processing platform for 10x, 100x, and beyond.
- You will participate in on-call rotations and work effectively and collaboratively during site outages.
- You have 2+ years of experience in the Ruby language in a production environment.
- You have a good understanding of highly distributed processing systems.
- You are comfortable navigating through complex data structures and algorithms, and have a strong desire to produce optimal code for speed and efficiency.
- You are familiar with the basics of scalable software design and architecture.
- [Bonus] You have experience with Elasticsearch and/or other search technologies.
- [Bonus] You have experience with MongoDB and/or other NoSQL technologies.
- [Bonus] You have a solid understanding of file formats, particularly document formats, e.g. (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Acrobat, Etc...).
- You have excellent communication skills and the willingness to share your expertise.
- You are pragmatic and sensible in your approach to problem solving.
- You are able to think critically and gather data to constructively support your position.
- Engineers at Logikcull are highly technical, independent, and self organized. We place a lot of trust in our developers to make the right decisions on a day-to-day basis and be pragmatic and transparent about decisions they make.
- You'll fit in at Logikcull if you are a team player without an ego. We regularly team up with co-workers in a tight-knit (highly distributed) environment for collaboration.
- We want our engineers to continually want to grow. You are always looking to get better and you keep up with newest technologies and consider yourself a polyglot.
- You are thoughtful and detail driven, but also willing to take risks and experiment in the name of innovation.
- You are fine with with throwing away things if they don't work out, and able to recognize early on when something isn't working out.