Do you have a passion for DevOps and love building out fast, efficient infrastructure? Does an uncomfortable itch overcome you when repeating manual tasks over and over? Are things like uptime, data integrity, and data safety always at the forefront of your mind? If you answered yes to those questions AND you enjoy working with other talented engineers, thinking critically about all layers of the stack, and have a willingness to share your expertise, Logikcull might be the right place for you.
We build legal intelligence software to empower organizations big or small. For instance, governments can now turn around open records requests (i.e. FOIA), within days by using Logikcull. Prior to Logikcull, this process used to take weeks, months, and, we’re not kidding, years, to complete.
Logikcull is also making a difference in our society via non-profits. Take Earth Justice for example: Logikcull was instrumental in helping them to save an endangered species of wolves (see our blog post). How awesome is that!
We’re currently seeking an experienced infrastructure engineer to join a diverse and dedicated team. You’ve got to love and understand the challenges of scaling a B2B cloud infrastructure in a startup environment. Be prepared to tackle tough problems in collaboration with a dedicated team. And help drive us toward 10x, 100x, 1000x scaling and beyond!
Our current stack includes: Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch, all running in AWS.
Our mission is to reveal what’s inside data, so you can do the right thing. Our vision is to become the platform for which all legal intelligence flows. We’re a venture-backed company ($14M raised from OpenView & Storm Ventures). The technology we’ve built is known as cloud-based legal intelligence. Businesses, law firms, governments, and nonprofits all over the world use our technology to quickly understand what’s inside their data. They use our technology for things like litigation matters, internal investigations, open records requests, data archiving, and more. What used to take people weeks and dozens of people is now routinely done in hours by just one person.
- You will take ownership within our infrastructure, making it more reliable and more secure.
- You will be vigilant in building secure systems and following through on operational security.
- You will be passionately responsible for security monitoring, log analysis, and performance metrics.
- You will collaborate with a talented team to design, build and scale our clous infrastructure
- You will manage a wide variety of systems and platforms.
- You will be a champion of devops philosphies and best practices
- You have experience building and maintaining production web applications.
- You have a super solid foundation in the basics and will understand how to operate and secure them: web servers, databases, systems and configuration management.
- You have strong familiarity with networking and firewall/security group security concepts.
- You have strong familiarity with Linux and Windows systems administration and security concepts.
- You have familiarity with AWS/cloud services, large-scale databases, and near real-time search.
- You are comfortable in at least one scripting language.
- You have excellent communication skills and the willingness to share your expertise.
- You are pragmatic and sensible in your approach to problem solving.
- Engineers at Logikcull are highly technical, independent, and self organized. We place a lot of trust in our developers to make the right decisions on a day-to-day basis and be pragmatic and transparent about decisions they make.
- You'll fit in at Logikcull if you are a team player without an ego. We regularly team up with co-workers in a tight-knit (highly distributed) environment for collaboration.
- We want our engineers to continually want to grow. You are always looking to get better and you keep up with newest technologies and consider yourself a polyglot.
- You are thoughtful and detail driven, but also willing to take risks and experiment in the name of innovation.
- You are fine with with throwing away things if they don't work out, and able to recognize early on when something isn't working out.