Why we do what we do:
Logikcull’s mission is to democratize discovery. And make no mistake, our mission is hard! The costs and risks associated with complex data projects like e-discovery, responding to FOIA requests, and conducting internal investigations are skyrocketing as the amount of data increases. Logikcull is transforming these processes so they can be done in minutes, not days -- by anyone, anywhere. As a result, our customers -- solo attorneys to massive law firms, Fortune 500 companies to leading non-profits -- can find and use important information quickly so they can focus on their important work, whether it’s pursuing a better democracy or saving the Earth.
Who we are:
Based in San Francisco, Logikcull is the leading provider of discovery automation. Its secure cloud-based platform is trusted by hundreds of organizations, including the US Government, Fortune 500 and Am Law 200, who use it to efficiently solve the complex data challenges associated with electronic discovery, internal investigations, subpoena response, FOIA, claims processing and more.
Our current stack includes: Rails, Backbone + Marionette, MySQL, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch, all running in AWS.
- You are able to take a design/proposal and carry it through to a thoughtful and polished end result with good test coverage
- You will support our amazing Customer Success team in helping diagnose/explain user-reported bugs and improve existing code
- You will review code written by other engineers and provide useful and honest feedback
- You will take initiative to improve the software whenever you notice something lacking or that is a particular pain point from your use
- You will write documentation around features and operations to help share knowledge and save other developers time
- You will participate in an on call schedule and be open/willing to expand your knowledge of backend systems to keep things operational
- You have the ability to learn and move within the organization as wanted. If you're interested in infrastructure/backend development, site-ops, security, microservices, mobile development etc. we want to keep you interested in your job and help you achieve personal growth
The features you build will have a massive impact into our rapidly growing user base. We build features based on the JTDB (Jobs To Be Done) framework. Every feature is well thought out before we commit to building it. Some of the features we’ve created have saved our users hundreds of wasted hours from doing manual processes. And other features have saved people millions of dollars in unnecessary litigation expenses. Talk about having an impact!
- You have a computer science degree from a 4 year school or 5+ years development experience
- You have experience developing or contributing heavily to a production Rails application
- [Bonus] You have specific experience w/ Backbone + Marionette
- [Bonus] You have experience with Elasticsearch and/or other search technology
- [Bonus] You contribute to open-source projects
- Developers at Logikcull are highly technical, independent, and self organized. We place a lot of trust in our developers to make the right decisions on a day-to-day basis and be pragmatic and transparent about decisions they make.
- You'll fit in at Logikcull if you’re a team player with little ego. We regularly team up with co-workers in a tight-knit (highly distributed) environment for brainstorming, pair programming, and collaboration.
- We want our developers to continually want to grow. You are always looking to get better as a developer and you keep up with newest technologies and consider yourself a polyglot.
- You take calculated risks and experiment in the name of innovation.
- You are fine with with throwing away things if they don't work out, and able to recognize early on when something isn't working out.
- You pay close attention to detail and know that the little things matter when it comes to writing clean/maintainable code.