What we need:
As the saying goes, "more customers, more data; more data, more problems". Or at least, that's how we remember it.
We are on the prowl for talented engineers to join our Processing team as we rethink and improve how we process millions of customer documents each week.
If any of the following makes you giggle, roll your eyes, or slam your laptop shut, we should talk:
- Distributed systems are easy, especially in the cloud
- Certainties in life: death, taxes, and customers uploading crazy things
- "It should be easy to add support for that file format" (overheard in a Sales meeting)
- The accuracy of OCR tools, especially the accuracy of OCR tools after re-OCRing.
- Parsing and generating PDFs
- A unified data model for chat application data
- Microsoft Outlook
What you'll do:
- Participate in software development processes and activities with the team
- Work cross functionally to refine requirements, plan, estimate, and deliver impactful software
- Invest in our developer experience through faster tests, better builds, and richer test data
- Expand the number and quality of file type support within our processing system
- Actively identify and advocate for opportunities to improve the performance, capacity, and reliability of our systems
- Become a subject matter expert in processing areas of expertise (data ingestion, filtering, content/metadata extraction, output creation, etc)
- Contribute to the architectural and technical vision/strategy required to achieve our mission of industry disruption
- Join forces with other engineering teams to process the vast data pulled from a growing list of external integrations
- Be an active participant in the team's production support duties
What we're looking for:
- Know how to play nice with others, always happy to support team members on a shared mission
- Not scared of moving fast, shipping frequently, and switching contexts (while assertively protecting your ability to focus) to get the job done
- Comfort working in a multi-lingual world, having expertise in Ruby, Java, Kotlin, and/or Typescript
- Provable experience and skills solving relevant or translatable problems
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and concepts
- Desire to work with many file formats, lots of data, and complex distributed systems
- Respect of and exposure to the value and challenges of system observability
- Relentless optimism that building the processing platform of the future is very much achievable with a good group of motivated smart people and a direct line of communication to our customers
Why us? 😍
Join for the amazingly talented and kind people. Stay for the massive customer and market impact. Read what our employees & customers have to say, and be sure to watch this quick explainer video. We're 100% remote/distributed, and staying that way! Our benefits are best in class. And our perks, including company off-sites (see photos), and killer SWAG make working @ Logikcull even better.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Logikcull is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military, and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.