What we need:
We are looking for an experienced and pragmatic application security engineer to help us build a secure Logikcull. You should have proficiency with doing secure code and requirements reviews as well as familiarity with common and emerging vulnerabilities. Experience working with Ruby on Rails is also desired. Our ideal candidate will enjoy collaborating and pairing with our talented team of software engineers.
Who you’ll work with:
You will be working with our application security, compliance, and security champion teams. This group will be your source of information, inspiration and insights into everything that is Logikcull. Along with this group, you will also frequently work with our team of security-conscious engineers.
What you'll do:
- You will perform secure code and security requirements reviews, helping us to maintain thorough oversight and review of security impacting changes in a timely manner.
- You will provide pairing and research services to development teams during feature development to ensure security is baked into the implementation.
- You will perform post-release pen testing of features as needed.
- You will manage, triage, and consult on issues submitted from our bug bounty program and pen tests.
- You will triage and respond to alerts, ensuring that we continue to perform timely investigations when suspicious activity is detected.
- You will assist with field security functions, helping to answer security questions for our enterprise customers for new business and renewals.
- You will assist with maintenance and enhancements of our ongoing suite of application security tools, including Signal Sciences, Snyk, Detectify, Grafana and HackEDU.
What we're looking for (you!)
- You have 3+ years of application security experience.
- You have experience performing secure code and security requirements reviews.
- You like to closely collaborate with development teams.
- You consider yourself to be pragmatic but still able to spot and outline long-term initiatives which could improve our overall security posture.
- You are self-driven and can be productive and communicative in a remote-focused environment
- [Bonus] You have experience with Ruby on Rails
- [Bonus] You have experience participating in pen tests or bug bounty programs
Why us? 😍
Join for the amazingly talented and kind people. Stay for the massive customer and market impact. Read what our employees & customers have to say, and be sure to watch this quick explainer video. We're 100% remote/distributed, and staying that way! Our benefits are best in class. And our perks, including company off-sites (see photos), and killer SWAG make working @ Logikcull even better.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Logikcull is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military, and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.